Sign in to follow this  
narendra.bande

confused between mercedes B freelander and volvo v40

Hi all,

i am new this website. so hi to everyone. i read lots of official reviwes on the website and thought of joining. i live in mumbai.

i am looking to buy premium class budget 40laks. budget is not issue. my parents have problem getting in and out of ford fiesta. they often struggle a lot and leg space is less. even my knees are paining if i drive fiesta for more than 2 hrs. i guess i need a car which has high sitting. but i cant buy santafe or fortuner or pajero because my parents wont be able to climb inside. so i tried b class first because i could buy mercedes on lease and no need to pay downpayment for leasing. i check b class with my wife and father seprately. wife found it not impressive as compared to audi q3. father foud it comfortable to sit inside. i found b class was not boring i would say its matured vehicle. not fun to drive butcomfy. i found it fit for use. then i tried audi q3. it was not much impressive. volvo v40 was fun to ride. i fell in love but my wife complained to ingress/egress inside vehicle. so i check freelander. this is completely manly vehicle. i am not a fan of audi or bmw. i found bmw like swelled up beefed up car and audi is not even in comparison to volvo.

so now question is what to buy.

B class is a very mature product though it may not have the looks but it has good space (better than C) and you slide into it; and not climb or crouch into the seats.

The 7 speed gearbox is excellent and its really a MPV (with the space on offer) and perfect for urban environment.

B class is a very mature product though it may not have the looks but it has good space (better than C) and you slide into it; and not climb or crouch into the seats.

The 7 speed gearbox is excellent and its really a MPV (with the space on offer) and perfect for urban environment.

looking at the needs of rear seat legroom and comfort...only freelander will give the ease of in/out as other two options are low in height.

Aahh!! Two different opinions there

I'll go with the B class here. All points made by rssh are right, great urban car..But If you want a bit of Rugged looks then the Freelander :)

Edited by LeoRahi

According to your needs and the things that you've specified you should opt for the Merc. It's much more practical than the V-40 and it's also a lot more easier to get in and out of than the Freelander. The Merc can easily seat five and the rear seats are much more comfortable and supportive too then the cars you've mentioned above. The rear window too is a boon with a great deal of visibility. Not to forget about the interior which is as good as any other Merc.