dpandey8382

Which is more value for money Celerio VXI or Figo Diesel EXI? Please suggest for my first purchase.

Can someone please suggest me out of Celerio Vxi And Ford Figo diesel EXI (removed Grand i10 magna diesel from my list due to battery problems people have reported)?

The onroad price difference is around 70K.

My monthly running is around 900kms or more and I am looking for car that gives more comfortable drive.

I will be having the car for around 5 years so not concerned much about the resale value.

Maintenance is a concern but I think the savings done due to lower diesel price will pay for it.

Please provide your suggestions. Also tell me your choice at the end Please! It will surely help me in deciding.

Thanks

The Celerio is a new car and a Maruti at the end of the day. Your monthly running doesnt warrant a diesel car. I would suggest you go for the Celerio and you should hopefully get the car quicky if you are buying the manual. The AMT has a long waiting period. And it will be a win win situation as far as resale and maintenence is concerned as well.

Since you have already narrowed down to 2 cars, I believe you do not wish to deviate from either.

Space wise, the Figo will not disappoint you. Celerio, though well packaged, will be a tad less on interior space.

Petrol/Diesel - you mentioned that your monthly run is about 900 kms.. this actually does not justify a diesel. Anything above 1800 kms would justify a diesel.

Considering you get an average of 17kmpl from the Figo D and 15 kmpl from the Celerio, you'll end up saving about 16000 a year on fuel. But at the same time, you would have paid 70k in excess of the Celerio. So, to recover that additional amount you pay for the diesel, it'll take you a little above 4 yrs.. this assuming no interest is paid on the additional 70k... consider this before you make this decision.

Maintenance wise, both the cars would be at par.. the Celerio will be a little easy since its a petrol. But the Figo is equally frugal.

Edited by neerajd

Has to be the Celerio. After all it's a mid end variant and would have greater features then bottom end Figo. Maintenance wise Maruti is good, Though not as cheaper as was before. And yes, Petrol should be the choice, as per your Running.

Go for Celerio as Figo maintenance now days coming up drastically. In fact you would find some threads in ACI itself complaining this. Also a petrol car is less maintenance intensive compare to a diesel.

Celerio, for sure.

Bucause it is at the BEGINNING of it's life cycle in our market

whereas Figo is here for some years now. And, Ford may

discontinue it, if the going is getting tough in the next two to

three quarters.

For that fresh look also, Celerio is better.

To win this jackpot, pandey ji , you have to with the audience poll. I think ComputerG lock kar diya , your only suggested option Celerio.

When there are so many learned minds suggesting you celerio above, how can i deviate. Go with it and you will be a hapy man !

Thanks to all. I will most likely to go with Celerio.

Any one had experience with both can comment on the Comfort of driving.

Has to be the Celerio. After all it's a mid end variant and would have greater features then bottom end Figo. Maintenance wise Maruti is good, Though not as cheaper as was before. And yes, Petrol should be the choice, as per your Running.

Just a small correction, Figo EXI is middle variant with music system which is not there in the Celerio VXI (although dealer will get it done).

Thanks to all for suggestions. I am going for a TD this week for both of these car but will most likely get Celerio vxi manual (readily available) based on inputs I have got here.

Last few questions :P - can it be considered that the initial price difference does not matter much because for 70k difference the Figo has better quality inside-out as per the reviews I went through (correct me if this is wrong)?

And the maintenance difference is paid by savings on diesel.

Is Figo's more premium than Celerio?

I just want to kick one of these two out of my mind fully, thats why few more questions.

Thanks

I haven't driven the new Maruti but I once owned a Figo Diesel (Titanium) and its among the best driver's car. You will love it till it lasts. Ford service is disappointing though a bit but the car makes up for it. I can vouch for the safety as I lost my car to an accident in which it toppled 3 times and yet the inside shell was pretty much intact. The only issue was those small places where Ford tells that Figo is built to a price is not exactly funny, like the bad unfinished section in the boot insides. However, its a cool car to drive, easy to maintain and very rugged.

IMO both these car are in different segment the build quality of Celerio is more towards WagonR segment wereas the Figo is in a +1 league and has excellent build quality. Also the way I see it you are paying only 70k extra for a robust car in upper segment and paying less for diesel as well.

I took a test drive for both Figo diesel titanium and Celerio VXI AGS (as Celerio manual was not available) driven by sales person.

There is a speed breaker at the entrance of my apartment which is big for testing. I got all the seats full inside both vehicles during test drive. The road I took was intentionally not good for most of it. I am just pointing out the negatives here -

Negatives for Figo - It scraped the breaker at my apartment while going and while returning as well.

Negatives for Celerio - It did not absorbed the bumps and passed it on to us which makes me feel that for 35 kms of daily run, it makes some difference everyday.

I will be driving full car atleast twice a month.

I have two more points that I found about Figo which may prevent GC issues - First, the Figo Titanium I test drove was 30kgs heavier then Figo EXI. Second, I read that inflating tyres more than the general pressures when planning for full car trips might help.

Is someone having experience with solving the figo clearance problem with all seats occupied? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Is that an AMT.

Did you look at the CNG variant also , to divert demand from AMT that is just mad on waiting period they have introduced the CNG one.

This is close to 25K on the higher side , but is bound to be more economical on the long run.

Congrats for booking Celerio.

Yes being a maruti car you'll feel the suspension light & not as composed as Figo but that won't be much an issue considering the overall fuel efficient & cost effective package & living with the car makes you feel better day by day but its added advantage is strong, stable & more confident braking as it's due to more stiff bodyshell.