Sign in to follow this  
Amish993

New footwear for workhorse Waggy CNG LXI

My Wagon R 2012 CNG Lxi is a true workhorse but the OEM tyres at 145/80 r13 are too thin, can I upgrade to Apollo 165/70 r13? I want durable tyres at 165mm only, also upgrading to Neo Urban alloys 13 inch. Getting 1000 rupee exchange per tyre with rims.

I wont recommend you Apollo tyres. I strongly suggest you to abstain from apollos. They are prone to manufacturing defects and tyre busts. I have 5 friends in my circle who had problem with apollos or a tyre bust .

One of my friends met with an accident when his magnums tyre busted at high speed. The other had tyre bust twice on his swift . I will suggest you to go for other reputed brand .

Even bridgestone gets hard after 30,000 as they proceed towrds their end of life and starts making noice. You can try a yokohama A drive if you want to spend more or can go for MRF ZVTS or Goodyear Duraplus . You can also go for 176/70 R13 upgrade . It will be a decent upgrade .

Thanks guys for such a quick reply. After using 145/80 r13 for around a year and a half, I am not happy with it's performance, they feel like feathers and just for the sake of extra 1 to 3km on mileage, I can't sacrifice safety. The odo shows 17k odd kms, the exchange deal is fair as rims are great. But I want to improve the look of my bland Waggy so going for alloys. I can't go for 175 as they are increasing the ground clearance by a good margin and it may foul with fenders when five passengers would be aboard. 155/70 r 13 would lower the already low ground clearance so that is too out of my list, choice is between 155 (any aspect ratio) r 14 or as I said 165/70 r13 which wont even alter single mm of clearance as the current ones with equivalent thickness of sidewalls, hey HIL thanks for your valuable input, is 165/70 r13 available in yoko, I thought yoko makes only fat tyres.