freakyskull

Pics: Maruti Dzire facelift spied

Looks like Maruti is set to launch a facelift of it popular Dzire. Surely facing the heat from the Amaze and Xcent. Here are some pics. There is a new grille and smoked headlamps and a engine start stop button can also be seen and Bluetooth is also present according to the source

post-9757-0-94527200-1400502137_thumb.jppost-9757-0-59267800-1400502141_thumb.jppost-9757-0-97474300-1400502144_thumb.jppost-9757-0-28259000-1400502148_thumb.jp

Source

A more mature face i'd say which i think it needs to differentiate it from hatchback sibling to add some sedan like zinger. Missing chrome elements in present Dzire over previous gen car makes its comeback & were desperately needed as this segment & price band requires loads of chrome.

However its rear looks remain same except for new redesigned rear bumper which gives away the place of rear fog lamp, as pic from the source article reveals.

I somehow do not like the chrome additions to the front grill... Looks like something copied straight from the Amaze.

Too much chrome on the front bumper. Really looks gaudy. Smoked headlights look nice. Start-stop button.. It's like something which will help compete.. Nothing more.

Earlier alloy design was much nicer. This design looks too ordinary.

Earlier alloy design was much nicer. This design looks too ordinary.

Alloys design is still the same, remains unaltered fot facelift as well.

Personally i didnt liked its(alloy) design to my taste as i can't understand its pattern design so was planning for wheel only upgrade(also posted the same at its ownership thread)

Btw, Suprised to see someone likes its design.

Very minor changes.

The smoked headlights dont go well with me , personally , dont see how it adds to the cars functionality

Yes , Too much crome for a car this small , up front , Honda did it with Brio , Amaze is cheap.

For me just a ploy to rake up prices.

A local accessories shop can add these elements , including start stop

the changes are very subtle and minimal at the best. would be interesting to see if they are looking to fit AMT in to the Swift / Dzire siblings as well.

Not a facelift, just beautification actually... Start/Stop button has been added in the Indian model now, but when Dzire was launched in foreign countries previously since then the button is present in those models...

Why those flowery alloys? Looks so damn ridiculous!!

Front and rear bumper seems reprofiled... smoked out headlamps... loads of chrome I'm sure... and a few goodies like start-stop button and maybe a request open for the driver's side!! that'll be nice

That chrome slat on front grill just doesn't gel well, reminds of Tata Indigo.

Rest of the changes should be similar to the ones done in Swift.

Again major change to pull in more buyers will be FE. A bump of around 9-10%.

As a Pre Facelift DZire owner, i feel that with the reduced power, the car will not excite enthusiasts like us and i can have more power at the cost of fuel but not vice versa. The front bumper looks quite good though.