Sign in to follow this  
LeoRahi

BMW 1-Series, Audi Q3 & Mercedes A-Class vs Luxury Sedans

Just want to know whether buying a hatchback for 30L is worthy than to buy the similar priced sedans like Nissan Teana, Skoda Superb, VW Passat, Toyota Camry.

You'll think that I'm on a stupid question.

Well, Audi's parent company is VW. Toyota sells more number of cars than many others combined. Infact, I drove a Toyota Prius petrol, I find it much better than BMW 328 sport petrol (Only thing I liked is the heavy push you get in a RWD car, almost like a bike wheeling). IMO, a less known Volvo s80 feels much better than Audi s6. I find these higher end Toyotas and Nissans are on par with BMW's and Audi's.

I m just wondering how these hatches are better than the sedans of the same price tag.

As per me, in India High End cars known to the common people are Mercedes, BMW, Rolls-Royce and Audi. None of the prevailing brands fall into it and japanese definitely not. Here we are not talking about Porsche, Bentley, Jaguar etc. Mercedes, Audi and BMW never launched any cars for the common people. These cars remained to be a dream for them and exorbitant maintenance cost kept the dream, a dream. The VW, Honda, Suzuki, Toyota etc have launched better products than Merc, BMW etc but among common people they were not at par.

Hi,

Actually it completely depends on your needs,

1) You are a family of four owning an innova/xylo ana the fact that you can spend another 30 L for the fun quotient , then you can go for the 30 L Hatchback ( Volvo xc 40 also is a good option ) or may be the soon to be launched Benz CLA class

2) Say you have a family of four and upgrading an existing saloon you can go for the superb or the passat :)

3)Say your a bachelor and willing to spend 30 L then close your eyes and go for the A class or xc 40 :)