sshersh

Amazing Amaze comes home

This car purchase hunt started around 3 months ago, when our beloved Ritz ( 2009 model ) started to give us niggles that makes me and my father annoyed, so when I was asking him that I want to make all these changes to Ritzy, he suggested that we get a new car for city running instead.

I agreed instantly with him and we started our car hunt.

Our budget was around 8 Lakhs Max. and we were looking at a compact car for city running.

Options considered were :

1) Amaze

2) Etios

3) Dzire

4) XUV ( for brief while )

Amaze :

Firstly coming to its test drive, well even before testing it, my father said that this is THE CAR to go for :P

And when I drove it, I absolutely fell in love with it :)

The Positives of Amaze were :

1) Beautiful Engine ( non-existent turbo lag as compared to DDis)

2) Looks cute

3) Good view of corners of road from inside the car

4) Compact so very easy to manouvre

5) Good Boot space for the size of the car

6) Rear seats were really comfortable and spacious

7) Priced really competitively as compared to the competition

8) Honda snob value

9) Low maintenance cost

10) Terrific mileage of 18-19 kmpl in city and 23-24 in highways

the list may continue further but I may stop here :D

Disadvantages of Amaze as I found were

1) Cabin shake when starting or Stopping the car

2) Dull Dashboard

3) Small fuel tank ( only 35L )

4) Low seating position, might be slightly uncomfortable to get in/out

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with what Amaze offered for the money it asked :)

Next was Dzire, well it was a good car but my father said that this is a really common car nowadays and also the rear seat + Boot were cramped in comparison to Amaze so it went out

Then we test drove Etios, it is a capable car no doubt, but I just could not digest that dashboard and the exterior looks of that car, so it was again out

Lastly we tried our hand on XUV500 as well and were quite impressed with this car as an overall package, but for city running this car due to its dimensions, might be a pain to maintain and run.

So long story cut short, we got our amazing cutie Cherry Red Amaze home and I am loving every moment with it, hopefully will share many fun travelogues and longer run experiences with this beast with you all ! :)

1 pic only right now, sorry for bad picture quality, when I get time ( soon ) I will post more and better pictures :)

Thanks for taking time out, more to follow ;)

I highly appreciate your effort on explaining pro and cons of the above listed cars. Do post the pictures of your Amaze. What have done with regard to the car's cabin filter ?

Many Congratulations.

Do specify the exact model you opted for and the deal you were able to extract out of the dealer.

Is the Ritz still around , what were the problems it was facing ?

Many Congratulations.

Do specify the exact model you opted for and the deal you were able to extract out of the dealer.

Hi librankur, we got Diesel SMT Amaze home.

Regarding the deal that I got was 7.6 L on road approx as compared to 7.8 quoted initially plus rear parking sensers and 2 other small accessories ( perfume and floor mats ) included in the package :)

Is the Ritz still around , what were the problems it was facing ?

Yes Ritz is still pretty much around.

It has been a working horse for us for last 5 years and I just love it, is an understatement, but as it has run over 63K, so it has started to show its age, especially due to the conditions it has to go through here in Delhi, small niggles do annoy me and my father as we like our car to be completely silent, so we decided to lessen the load on Ritz and got home a sister for her in the form of Amaze ;)

This car purchase hunt started around 3 months ago, when our beloved Ritz ( 2009 model ) started to give us niggles that makes me and my father annoyed, so when I was asking him that I want to make all these changes to Ritzy, he suggested that we get a new car for city running instead.

I agreed instantly with him and we started our car hunt.

Our budget was around 8 Lakhs Max. and we were looking at a compact car for city running.

Options considered were :

1) Amaze

2) Etios

3) Dzire

4) XUV ( for brief while )

Amaze :

Firstly coming to its test drive, well even before testing it, my father said that this is THE CAR to go for :P

And when I drove it, I absolutely fell in love with it :)

The Positives of Amaze were :

1) Beautiful Engine ( non-existent turbo lag as compared to DDis)

2) Looks cute

3) Good view of corners of road from inside the car

4) Compact so very easy to manouvre

5) Good Boot space for the size of the car

6) Rear seats were really comfortable and spacious

7) Priced really competitively as compared to the competition

8) Honda snob value

9) Low maintenance cost

10) Terrific mileage of 18-19 kmpl in city and 23-24 in highways

the list may continue further but I may stop here :D

Disadvantages of Amaze as I found were

1) Cabin shake when starting or Stopping the car

2) Dull Dashboard

3) Small fuel tank ( only 35L )

4) Low seating position, might be slightly uncomfortable to get in/out

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with what Amaze offered for the money it asked :)

Next was Dzire, well it was a good car but my father said that this is a really common car nowadays and also the rear seat + Boot were cramped in comparison to Amaze so it went out

Then we test drove Etios, it is a capable car no doubt, but I just could not digest that dashboard and the exterior looks of that car, so it was again out

Lastly we tried our hand on XUV500 as well and were quite impressed with this car as an overall package, but for city running this car due to its dimensions, might be a pain to maintain and run.

So long story cut short, we got our amazing cutie Cherry Red Amaze home and I am loving every moment with it, hopefully will share many fun travelogues and longer run experiences with this beast with you all ! :)

1 pic only right now, sorry for bad picture quality, when I get time ( soon ) I will post more and better pictures :)

Thanks for taking time out, more to follow ;)

10373955_791105377575633_4451377740916965215_n.jpg

1 pic I have with me atm :P

Congrats

Congratulations alot for buying a New Hodna Amaze diesel, its a good car with more positives than its segment rivals.

Plus its On-road price seems to be quite affordable to for what if offers & what its buyer expects.

Plus i like its color. Do update with few more of its pics & do update us regularly with its service, fuel efficiency & its ownership costs.

Yup nice color. Carmaline Red... I always dreamt of having a Honda City in this color. The 2013 model..

Congrats on your purchase. Do share your experiences