swayam

Wagon R or Santro?

I am planning to buy a car .  My budget is in between 3-4 lacs . Please help and advise which car, I should go for.

Lookwise I am inclined towards Santro in comparison to Wagon R. But some people are telling that it gives hardly 13-14 km/ ltr and thatsmiley36.gif too comes down after 1 year.

I have santro xing from last more than 3 years and i m fully satisfied from this car.It has got refined n peppy engine.light n direct steering and good enough space.Its a comfortable car but the back sit ride is not that good.I have not incurred any extra maintenance apart from regular servicing.Wagen R is way behind in all the aspects.if u want to chose in between these two then go for santro.But i would suggest i10 for u as its a new Avatar of santro.Its more refined n back sit ride is also comfortable.It also gives luxury feel interiors.If u can stretch your budget up to 5 lacs then swift would be a good bet.

Thanx alot for the response. Please let me know what milege,Santro is giving. Some of my friend told me that  it gives less milege than Wagon R. Specially after one year  milege starts getting down. Is it so??????????Plaese advse. 

Please suggest as to what milege,Santro gives in city and on highways. Some of my friend told me that  it gives less milege than Wagon R. Specially after one year  milege starts getting down. Is it so??????????Plaese advise. 

if you considering both just petrol..... than i think santro is just a little bit behind say 0.5km per litre...... or even less....... well atleast that is what a car comparison site said.......

any actual users here?

see this..... might help you

adi19912008-02-12 14:28:53

Wagon R and  Hyundai Santro are almost same displacement and pickup (1100 cc, 64bhp Wagon R). The difference comes in comfort, as Hyundai cars are more suitable for taller people.So as for your requirements you can opt for any one of them.  

By and large it is a matter of corporate philosophy. While Maruti is more tech oriented (4/3 M800 block in the WagonR/Estilo is an aberration/abomination), Hyundai is more towards creature comforts.

swayam! wagonr R may be discontinued as new A star is due to launch in 2008 along with splash....both wagon r petrol and santro give 14-15 km per ltr....drive wise santro is good , wagon R has more interior space...

if given a choice between two i'll go for Santro GLS..

but with new i10 base model cheaper than santro GLS i would suggest you to have a look at it...or u can wait for new suzuki cars due to launch this year if u can wait.

ultimate thing will be if u can stretch a bit and go for swift lxi...different segment all together and world class car. 

@rohit. I think you have hit the nail on the head - i10 in place of the Santro, and the Swift if you can afford it.  I may add that the i10 is rumoured to be getting a new engine very soon, and also the Swift may also see an M-series heart in the not too distant future. 

Though I am using a Wagon-R at present, I will advise you to go for Santro. Over all Santro is better than Wagon-R.

+ve of Wagon-R : Better ride & suspension, less on maitenance, slightly more fuel efficient.

+ve of Santro: Better pickup, more silent at high speed, much better head light, better seats & thigh support, wider rear seat, better plastics, better gear shift.

Mileage of my Wagon-R: W/O AC : City-14.5, High Way-17.5, With AC : City: 13, HW-15.5-16. Mileage of Santro is very much comaparable, may be 0.5 km less than Wagon-R.