Sign in to follow this  
bhpcrazy

Spied: Tata Kite, a challenger to the Maruti Celerio EDIT: Now sedan too

Tata is testing a new hatchback codenamed the Kite which will be a challenger to the Maruti Celerio. The source says it is smaller in size than the Bolt. Here are first pics of the test mule testing alongside the Nano AMT

post-9756-0-98483100-1405400127_thumb.jppost-9756-0-15410600-1405400131_thumb.jp

Source

It probably would impact the Celerio market, I believe.

The current issue with Celerio is its wait time. If Tata can ensure their AMTs are available with a minimum wait period, it'll sure pick up sales.

Zest is coming with this AMT and if its review is positive, I see no reason why Tata can take on Maruti head-on in this game.

What I'd like to see is the top specs coming with this autobox. Mid variants are far too stripped off the safety features and gadgetry.

Plz don't forget ...big USP of Maruti is...super fast an reliable service....TATA ..will take some more time to cope up..

As a costumer end we can enjoy lot of good cars in market...Swift [AMT],,,and some more are around... the corner !!

Tata has come a long way from the bare-bones Tatamobile and the Tata Estate, and that shows. We have to give them credit to being committed to the Indian market and bringing out tailor made products for India, a fact that even the Japanese and European heavyweights failed to notice in the beginning. Thanks to aquisition of JLR, and the attached technology sharing, Tata's products have leaped skywards in terms of quality.

I also think that it would not make much of an impact on MS as people those who love Maruti would stay with it and people those to do not love TATA but also do not like MS they would still pick MS in this odd game.

Overall, TATA has its own wagon of customer, these are the people who still would go with TATA. Personally I have known people of these interests.

Also, on CELERIO, i have strong doubts overs its AMT reliability. Recently, I visit MASS and it was checkup by MS engineers, to my surprise 70% cars were CELERIO which were having complaints and MASS engineers have recommended MS engineers to look into those.

So probably, there is glitch going on which most is not yet known in the market.

I dont think it will beat the celerio in its segment due to poor reputation of tata in front of maruti because customers do not trust tata car and also the resale value is much lower as compared to maruti but these are the different aspects. If we are talking about the reliability than also maruti is in front.

To be honest Celerio is not doing crazy nos. The Apr-june average sale this year is about 5,500 cars per month !! Whether it is a supply side issue or whateverBeating 5000 nos per month should be possible for a good product in that segment.

Kite is supposed to be a completely new top hat rather than being just a facelift of Indica, and atleast we get that feeling from these initial pictures. But it is too early to say whether it is good / bad / ugly, will compete or not with the likes of Celerio. Perception is something which we need to keep aside while we are looking at next generation vehicles from Tata Motors

These are not at all bad numbers for a newly launched car in down times. However, there is supply and demand variance which is causing less CELERIOs on the road. Also, there are very less AMTs on the roads. So as I felt and shared above, it have a strong doubt on the agility of AMT on CELERIO

Tata has still long way to go.

Though Tata was quite in competition and was giving tough fight to global companies and MS with it's 1st Gen Indica and Indica V2 , it could not perform and improve to the satisfaction of the customers.

Tata Indica was the only diesel hatch when launched which caught fancy of people and people accepted it whole heartedly than era of V2 came but very few niggles of 1st gen Indica were not sorted out and it looked like Tata was over confident about it's product and were after booking profit by offering to customers substandard product.

Customers lost faith from Tata when they purchased Indica V2, Indigo , Indigo Marina etc.... and felt that they did not get the product worth money spent and the ownership experience was below the normal standards.

So the Vista and Manza could not get the required success even though the products were not that bad.

And finally because of Tata Nano people completely discarded Tata cars as there were reports of serous quality issues and also Tata Motors became synonymous with "Cheap Car Manufacturer having niggles and no brand image ".

END OF STORY

Now tata cars are offered in various price range but there are lots of choices available and people feel they have better options than to go for "TATA" brand.

Kite may be a good product but it can not compete head on with Celerio.

Tata will be replacing the Indigo CS with a new compact sedan based on the Kite hatchback that has been doing the testing rounds recently. The new car will sit in the segment below the Zest and should be a good option for those looking for a entry level compact sedan. Here are spy pics of the car testing on road

post-7828-0-06016600-1417580928_thumb.pnpost-7828-0-87397700-1417580939_thumb.pnpost-7828-0-32662400-1417580951_thumb.pnpost-7828-0-45933600-1417580960_thumb.pn

Source

pic wise...it does look bigger than Zest, it would be interesting to see how TATA would manage distiction between two products as their mix and match strategy is not very good.

People are looking for some change in the segment in which Maruti and Hyundai have a strong position let's hope tata bring something exciting this time.

It's very boring to see every other person is having either Alto 800 , Wagon R (CNG) or Santro , i10