Sign in to follow this  
bhpcrazy

Hyundai reveals new HB20 range for 2015 in Brazil

Hyundai has revealed a model update for its HB20 range of models in Brazil

The 2015 model year HB20 cars will come in a new ‘Sky Blue’ body color. The HB20X, apart from the color, also gets a gloss black radiator grille as seen in the image.

On the interior Hyundai has replaced the basic music system with a unit capable of accessing the address book of the paired mobile phone. Customers can further upgrade this system to a BlueMedia TV which gets an integrated DVD screen.

The floor mats on the cars have been upgraded for a richer look and feel. In addition, Hyundai have given a new range of leather trims which is part of an option. There are no changes to the mechanicals of the cars and they continue to be offered with 1.0- and 1.6-liter flex-fuel engines.

post-9756-0-49886400-1406697360_thumb.jppost-9756-0-61378800-1406697363_thumb.jppost-9756-0-36740700-1406697366_thumb.jppost-9756-0-04207700-1406697369_thumb.jp

Source

This HB20x looks very similar to the next gen i20 in one of the other topics...

The sedan looks very good.. but given the current line up of Hyundai in India and their investment in the i10 grand and Xcent, its difficult to see this coming here.

The sedan will easily get into the Verna segment which will cannibalize its own offerings.

What we can see coming are the hatch - probably the next gen i20 along with those fresh interiors.

I believe Hyundai can open up another segment in between i20 and Verna by launching above HB2O sedan.

There's still a price gap of Rs.1,50,000 between petrol i20 and petrol Verna (i20 Asta (O) vs Verna 1.4 VTVT CX) and

a big price gap of Rs. 200,000 between diesel i20 and diesel Verna (i20 Asta CRDi vs Verna 1.4 CRDi CX )

It would make sense to launch following sedan with a 1.4 diesel engine with a premium of 80,000-100,000 above i20.

I fully agree with ishanb1, Price the sedan above i20 and below Verna but fixing the difference between price of variants might be a tough job, As we know Hyundai offers many variants of same car.

And the hatch can be easily slotted in the A+ segment with the likes of Celerio.

Edited by LeoRahi

Is it just me or it resembles the existing Verna? At least in the first picture.

Ahh! Yeah, similarities there. Who knows maybe Hyundai can replace the current Verna with this

I think they would like to launch it in between i20 and verna as there is abig price gap between two.

Also, there is no harm in bridging this gap as MS does the same so can Hyundai.