Sign in to follow this  
Kuntal

Upgrading to RCD 320. Need help with installation

Hello all,

So finally I managed to source an RCD 320 head unit for my 2012 VW polo trendline. I was not really aware of any installation issues at the time of purchase but I have come across a few horror stories recently and it causing some concerns. If anybody has any knowledge of installing this unit successfully please do let me know. I am awaiting its delivery but it will be here any time as we speak and I do not want to end up with a dead investment.

Problems people faced after the upgrade:

1. Battery drainage

2. Bluetooth A2DP not functioning properly

3. Headunit does not switch off when you remove the car key and has to be manually switched off every time.

I happen to speak with Sugesh from Vagtune and he was of the opinion that something called as a "Can bus" cable is required. But, I have read some horror stories that did not end even with installation of the "Can Bus" cable.

@ Kuntal, The Power supply to the audio system has to be through the car ignition system, that is when the key is removed the complete power to the audio system cuts off. Wiring diagram comes with the audio system operating manual. Poor methods joining of the wires results in short circuit and drainage of the battery. All the joints should be crimped and insulated with the tubing. If you can do the job yourself then nothing like it otherwise a trusted and dedicated technician has to be employed for the job.

Vikky,

Thank you for your response. But the seller has changed his mind and not willing to sell the RCD 320 head unit, it was sourced through OLX. Happened second time in a row. Hence I am looking for a new double din that complements my dash and can handle phone calls via bluetooth.