MUV confusion

I have thought of buying a muv, my requirements are:

1 Budget- under 15 lakhs

2 Fuel- Diesel

3 Maintenance- low

4 Transport mode- people moving

5 Pickup- fast

6 mileage- max.

My eyes first went to toyota innova then checked its varients got confused by seeing so many varients then thought of suzuki ertiga and Honda mobilio and now iam confused which to buy. help me in selecting one..

Nothing can beat Innova in this range. Go for the Innova GX 8 seater BS IV. This seems to the best fitting to your budget.

The on road price in New Delhi is 14.5 L approx. I would've suggested the VX 8 seater but the on road price goes up to 16L

Hi Harikrish, I will second what Leo says. Innova is the best bet & indeed the front runner of the lot.

I drive a Honda city & love the brand, however I strongly suggest not to buy a mobilio. Why? well the vehicle is such a mediocre effort & it completely destroys Honda's brand perception in India. Its rugged, uncomfortable & just a me too effort.

Ertiga on the other hand has lost its sheen completely & comes nowhere close to an Innova.

No doubt Innova is a king in this segment, but where it lacks majorly is for fuel efficiency & it's a can't be neglected fact, it's almost half to what its competitor(Honda Mobilio) offer & another is for the features it offer like even missing Tachometer on Mid-spec some of its G variants.

Fuel efficiency wise no one can beat Honda Mobilio, but too light body, average interiors & too narrow flat front seats are among its negatives. Drive it & check it out first before ruling it out completely.

For the budget, I would not recommend to neglect Nissan Evalia or Mahindra Scorpio. Check them out too before making your purchase.

Innova 2015 will have same heart and few cosmetic change, Innova is pretty much matured automobile and none to second in terms of happy customers. Innova 2015 may be little more expensive than outgoing one. Its a metal satiety for one hundred thousands or far more kms.

+1 Diptanshu - Try Tata Aria.

Within your list you can consider following MPVs other than Toyota Innova :

- Tata Aria - You may get best possible cash discount and advantage of Tata Aria is it's big cabin space.

- Mahindra Xylo -

- Chevrolet Tavera Neo

- Nissan Evalia

If you stretch your budget by approx 5L than ISUZU MU-7 is also nice option.

Isuzu-to-Bring-MU-7-to-India-Testing-Initiated1.jpg