Sign in to follow this  
aniketd11

nano XT or Maruti Suzuki Alto 800

I'm planning to buy a car for my wife. She is just learning to drive. Which car would be ideal? nano XT or Maruti Suzuki Alto 800? Considering daily driving would not exceed 20 KM, I was thinking of Tata Nano. Please suggest

Aniket

My vote for Maruti Alto 800, better car in every point what ever the criteria . As your wife's driving is around 20 KM a day, explore Maruti True value (Maruti Master Service) where less than 20k KM driven car approximate one hundred thousand lesser the new one.

Well, I would say take your wife to MS and TATA showroom...ask her to get on the wheel and take a TD of both of these cars and then decide. Normally, ladies prefer cars which are having good view of the road and in this department, Nano is just amazing. Also Nano is better city car in terms of driving through the congested roads.

Safety point of view....both are basic cars...so do not expect much. However, both of them offer driver side Airbag in the top variant as option. So you would like to get one too.

Do ask your wife to take TD of both cars back to back...before deciding.

I have booked Tata Nano for local commute at the maximum 5-10 km a day. I have been offered Year 2015 Model twenty thousand less than Year 2016 Model.

Please advise ...

No reply.... Any way I have canceled the booking as my SWOT analysis suggests it is not even worth of penny as TATA NANO having serious breaking issues.