Optimus Prime

Maruti 800 - More power

Although I dont think you can extract much power out of the 800 without extensive modifications. Heres what you can begin with. Get porting and polishing of the engine done, get a performance filter and check if you are satisfied with the difference.

FRG

Hi guys' date='

I have a 96 800. Its got a free flow exhaust, it sounds great but not much faster than before. What more can I do to make my ride go faster????

Optimus
[/quote']

Mate, you have to agree that Maruti 800 has power simliar to that of 4 harnessed infants. Also maruti has made the car as light as it could be by using recycled plastics.

You could either increase the bore of the cylinder and fit bigger pistons, which is not recommended by the manufacturer, or you could remove the seats to make it lighter.smiley2.gif

I am afraid the 4/3 of the 800 engine, which is what the 1.1 engine from Maruti is, doe snot turn me on. I will take the old Zen 1000 engine (even card version) any day. The 1.1 is ROUGH and does not want to rev!

Well theoretically they should. But if you really want to see difference, this has to be combined with other mods. There is a thread on the K&N we tested sometime back on the swift. As per the data, it is slightly faster but without the equipment, we couldnt tell.

FRG

Go for a K&N filter ensure the pipe is made that the mouth is big and it tappers to the end will compress the air in.  Port& pollish is fine. Get an FSE fuel regulator. Blaster Coil  and  9mm cables to go with it. And stick to 155 size tyers. should help you.Can upgrade your carb too.

I have an 98 maruti 800 i want to modify its performance and its looks legal to the traffic rules what are the mods available and i live in Bangalore and i want to know where i can get the mods done and how much will it cost?

Note From Admin: Please search for existing topics before creating new threads.

FuelRunGod2008-03-10 06:44:40

i am also going to buy an sx4 so i also want to know what

mods can i do for example i asked the dealers can i fix a sunroof they said i should fix only webasto which costs around 40k is there a cheaper option which will not interfere with the warranty or will not be of sub standard quality? and are xenon head lamps completely legal?

For 800 a free flow won't make much difference to performance because there are only a handful of bhp to play with. A free flow for 800 starts from 6 k to 12k were the material and workmanship of the free flow differ . Try to go for a free flow which better the low end torque more as in city driving this the were you drive the most.