motorjedi

Aston DBS - A worthy successor to the Vanquish?

Im sure youve all seen the new Aston Martin DBS, first in its miniscule (and embarassing) role the James Bond film (which built up so much hype, that now Im super-disappointed, the Mondeo proved more interesting), and then recently at its release. But it seems Aston is sticking fervently to its principle of quality and driving experience (We already have the DB9 for that), rather than building a supercar.

And by that I mean it doesnt have enough power or aggression, especially when compared to the brute that was the Vanquish, which was phenomenal for its time. It is claimed to be faster, thanks to dynamics and weight-saving, but if youre going to build a flagship supercar, you might as well go all the way. Supercharge it, Id say! (DBSR?), Give it 620bhp (to rival the 599 GTB) and wings, claws, broad shoulders and teeth. Or else, just take away the word Power from Power, Beauty and Soul
FuelRunGod2007-08-31 11:32:12

Agreed. An Aston is an Aston is an Aston will always be an Aston ergo a phenomenal machine. But with the standards being set as high as they are nowdays by the likes of Ferrari etc., I think Aston should give buyers a little more bang for their several bucks. Wouldnt that be something you would want from your 1.5-odd-crore (sans duty) GT car? The ability to breeze down the road without the fear of some punk in his Gallardo smoking the daylights out of you.

motorjedi:  your right, a gallardo is naturally the faster of the 2, but I would be more than content cruising the gran tourismo, drinking in the exhaust notes, rather than racing down highways on it! :-)