aks316

Confused.. To Buy Or Not To Buy.. ?

hi everyone..

i am really confused whether to buy a car right now or wait for the new cars to come.. i want to buy in the range of 10 lacs.. my options are..

1.Aveo 1.6 LT With Airbags & Abs - 7.50L

2.Optra Magnum Diesel LS- 9.90L

3.Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI SXI - 8.90L

4.Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - 8.00L

5.Honda City Vtec Plus - 9.30L

6.Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI Elegance- 8.40L

7.Toyota Corrolla H1 - 10L

*there are other options also but these are which i like.

New Cars Coming In 2008-

1.Fiat Linea - 7-8L - End 2008

2.Fiat Punto - 5-6L - Sep 2008

3.New Honda City - 8L - End 2008

4.Toyota Corrolla - 10-12L - Aug 2008

5.VW Jetta - 10-12L - Mid 2008

*there are other options also but these are which i like.

My Requirements -

1.Looks

2.Monthly Running - Not More Than 1000km

3.Reliable

4.Resale Value To Some Extend

5.Sturdy And Solid Build

6.Drive Focussed Car

7.Good Performance

8.FE

9.Preference Of Airbags And Abs

10.Good Aftersales Service

I think thats about it..

i have to decide in 10-15 days..

Thankz

akshay.

@aks you have listed a very borad band. With less than 1000 km per month I will avoid a diesel. You have not indicated your location - since service for some of the brands may not be available in the B- and C- towns, and/or the dealer may not have a good reputation. Furthermore, what is the expected length of time you plan to hold on to the car?

I would be reluctant to go for a new release until it has been on the road for at least three months. There are always minor glitches in a new release which show up only when it gets into the customers hands.

Close your eyes and go for the Optra diesel it's the underrated performance diesel. Sure there will good deals, if you haggle. Go for the top end version with ABS,Alloys and Airbags and the stonking engine has really no match in view at present. At any given point of time there will always be tempting forthcoming releases, let me tell you: no Fiat is worth waiting for.

Close your eyes and go for the Optra diesel it's the underrated performance diesel. Sure there will good deals' date=' if you haggle. Go for the top end version with ABS,Alloys and Airbags and the stonking engine has really no match in view at present. At any given point of time there will always be tempting forthcoming releases, let me tell you: no Fiat is worth waiting for.[/quote']

Did you notice he is planning on 1000km per month.

Close your eyes and go for the Optra diesel it's the underrated performance diesel. Sure there will good deals' date=' if you haggle. Go for the top end version with ABS,Alloys and Airbags and the stonking engine has really no match in view at present. At any given point of time there will always be tempting forthcoming releases, let me tell you: no Fiat is worth waiting for.[/quote']
Did you notice he is planning on 1000km per month.

75% of cars being sold in Europe today are diesel. There is hardly any price difference in diesel and petrol in Europe even then people prefer diesels because the new technology makes them nicer to drive, more fuel efficient and cleaner! Times are changing.

get a corolla as you would be getting some hefty discounts or wait for the new models......

and as far as mileage goes not all diesel cars are better in mileage than there petrol counterparts.......

like in the case of audi

petrol- 11

diesel-  9

0-100 ptrol- 8.6sec

diesel... ahh..... somewhere over 10......

and the petrol one is real smooth and quite which cannpt be said about the diesel one..... and it's cheaper too.....

so though we have the diesel and petrol prices same here...... but why would anybody buy the diesel outside?????........ probably there are cleaner...... well tell ya what if you want clean buy a hybrid.........

At any given point of time there will always be tempting forthcoming releases' date=' let me tell you: no Fiat is worth waiting for.[/quote']

That is not true, I am waiting for Fiat's and I am sure there are many others. Did you have a bad experience with Fiat? or are you just generalising.

@ aks : You want everything in your car, reading your list. Out of your list of cars, none match all your requirements. So you will have to compromise on something. Take a look at the Cedia like rssh recommended.

hi.. i live in delhi.. and i will keep the car for 4yrs..

i dont like the sx4.. ya i think toyota corrolla would be

a gud choice.. cedia has a very bad resale.. optra diesel

is amazing but the reason i dont want to go for it is

beacuse its a gm car.. fiat linea is again a very good choice

but then for that i have to wait for 3-4 months after it

is launched to see the response.. of all the

choices i love the chevy aveo.. but now i am down to

four cars.. skoda fabia, toyota corrolla, honda city vtec

and vw jetta.. gm, fiat and ford is a big no no now as i have

a opel corsa and its a very good car yet it doesnt

have a good resale and it hurts..so i am down to four cars - corrolla,

city vtec, jetta, fabia..

hi.. i live in delhi.. and i will keep the car for 4yrs..
i dont like the sx4.. ya i think toyota corrolla would be
a gud choice.. cedia has a very bad resale.. optra diesel
is amazing but the reason i dont want to go for it is
beacuse its a gm car.. fiat linea is again a very good choice
but then for that i have to wait for 3-4 months after it
is launched to see the response.. of all the
choices i love the chevy aveo.. but now i am down to
four cars.. skoda fabia' date=' toyota corrolla, honda city vtec
and vw jetta.. gm, fiat and ford is a big no no now as i have
a opel corsa and its a very good car yet it doesnt
have a good resale and it hurts..so i am down to four cars - corrolla,
city vtec, jetta, fabia..[/quote']

Brother just wanna say that if you intend to keep the car dor 4-5 years, then why are you worried about the resale value? I.M.H.O cedia is a very underrated car. Take my word and have a test drive.

On the other hand optra diesel is a fantastic car. Don't worry about GM car. Its got a good network in India now. They are also giving warranty for 3 years or 1 Lac km.

Don't go for the corrolla now, as they are going to launch a new variant soon. So why buy something when you know its gonna phase off soon. ditto with honda city.

As for fabia its a multi-premium hatchback.

So if budget is about 10 lacs, go for either optra magnum diesel or mitsubishi cedia (thats my personal opinion)

U live in delhi rite..!! That would include a lot of stop-start driving. The magnum diesel is an awesome car on the highway where u can use all its power. In the city it has a lot of turbo lag and once it disappears, there is a huge surge of power which might feel uncomfortable to deal with..

The Mitsubishi Cedia's motor is very flexible, smooth and its also got good FE. Its also fun to drive and is solidly built. The only grouse being its resale value..which shouldn't matter much for 3-4 years time frame..

Best of luck with your purchase and happy n safe driving..smiley20.gif

hey thankz for the advice guys.. ya your rite bro that if i intend to keep the car for 4-5 yrs then i shouldnt be worried about the resale but

in the case of gm, ford, fiat and mitsubishi cars resale

value is very very bad.. but i wil take your word and go

for a test dive of cedia because more than anything else

i love driving so if its that good i wouldnt mind buying

it.. and about optra its a fantastic car no doubt i took

a test drive and i couldnt believe its a gm car as

the engine is road rocket and the gearbox is the best of

all the gm cars.. about honda city and corrolla i am more

interested in the honda city vtec as with the amount

of traffic in delhi the size of honda city is not too

big and not too small.. i like the fabia but i havnt

taken a test drive of it but i am planning to do it soon so lets see..

i think u should go for chevrolet optra magnum diesel.really itz a wonderful car nd has a good built. cars like honda city dun hav a solid built nd u cant buy a hatchback fabia for 8.4 lacs. d only car to be really looking forward to will be vw jetta but dun wait in vain for corolla coz itz gonna be priced at around 12 -16 lacs. i think go ahead nd buy optra magnum diesel nd u would really love it !!!