Sign in to follow this  
reddy

Honda Diesels & Hyundai new launches hurting Volkswagen &Skoda?

I am sure VW & Skoda are not loosing there sleep just yet. As far as I estimate VW can come out all guns blazing whenever they want & can flood our market with newer models. I am sure they have something up there sleeves & wait for the right time. Besides the problem is more generic & I guess has nothing to do with newer models, its seems more ground up because they lack:

1. Service network & quality.

2. More expensive because no heavy localisation of parts which is currently 65% & shall be beefed up to at least 85%.

3. Trust, because there are way too many horror stories which daunt there reputation.

1. The service network depends on the city where the dealer is. eg. In Mumbai, it is very good for VW and Skoda.

2. The parts are a little expensive, and sure they have to consider it.

3. The company should have much hold on dealers, to improve reputation. Only the one who make or break a company, is the dealers and their workshops. (As in the case of FIAT). If a dealer do properly with the customer, the marketing of the company starts from there.