kimianks

passat or laura

my dad is in a fix abt which car to buy
he did a test drive of the laura and said it wasn't as good as a mondeo to drive.
i saw the passat at the auto expo at delhi and fell in love with it
but my dad is particular abt mileage and thats why we went to check out the laura.
the passat is a direct rival to the mondeo abroad and i suggested that he take a test drive of the passat as well.

we checked it out today and it was amazin....
we don't mind extending our budget and buying the passat if its more competent than the laura. the mileage figures differ from magazine to magazine if there was to be a comparison between the two, which one would you suggest and how do the two siblings square up?

and dont suggest me the camry or the accord

im not a fan of toyota and i hate honda.... :P)

yeah the Superb diesel is very good for the city traffic because of its responsivness.

The passat competes with the superb and not the laura. The passat is a newer car in the market with a lot of features and looks great too.... But it isn't responsive in the city and only takes off after 2k rpm. Have no clue about mileage though...!!

For city driving superb is great and no the highway u have the passat.

HOLY $H!T I don't believe you guys.. first this poor bugger says he wants a Passat or a Laura.. your telling him to get a BMW.. why stop there.. why not an S Class.. or an A8.. or a Maybach.. or a Phantom... GET REAL PEOPLE!!

THIS IS FOR HIS POP TO BE DRIVEN AROUND IN RELATIVE COMFORT SITTING IN THE BACK SEAT!!( I presume... even if i'm wrong.. the superb's still the best pick in my opinion)

Which Midget amongst you(aside from FRG..:P) is comfy in the back of a BMW 3???

Or for that matter.. even the Passat has a fuggly rear seat..

Dude I'm still saying go for the Superb..your dad won't be sorry.

To the others.. please see what the poor guy wants the car for before fulfilling your voyeuristic fantasies through other people's bank accounts.

Zavo2008-02-26 04:59:44

Yea.. what else can be extended... I wonder.....

You people never cease to amaze me..
Kimi... all the best.. if you take advice from here.. I wonder what you'll end up with..

Cheers.

EDIT... If you go to monkey's for advice.. you'll end up buying peanuts..or worse.. EXTENDED BANANAS...
Zavo2008-02-26 05:11:08

@ Zavo 320d is just 32lakhs only 3 more than PASSAT if he can pay this much for Passat then 3 lakhs more is next to nothing .

It is 10%+ up on price. Also, in general Beemers have higher maintenance costs than VWs which are essentially 'Janta' cars unlike the the upmarket Audi's.

Both are sibblings from the same family, given the choice the PASSAT definitely over the SUPERB id the additional cost is not much of a bother else the current SUPERB tdi is not too far behind and yes it has the cost advantage.I have seen a good number of PASSATS on road in Mumbai and Delhi even with its frugal production figures.It does seem to have struck the right chord with the buyer who wants; a 5mtr long strong car( the built to last feel the german bred cars have) with all the goodies loaded, and does not have a brand fettish for BMW/AUDI/MERC etc

i have a great offer on a great car you might be intrested in.

audi a4 diesel...... s line....... white with black interiors....... s line exterior package..... bose system and some addtional features than the normal one

0124-2360190 (aditya)