Sign in to follow this  
reddy

Sales figures reflect Maturity inindian buyers

Vokswagen & Skoda sales going down ,Appears Honda ,Maruthi & Hyundai are gaining,

Reason is simple

Basic CarCost is low & Low on maintaince & Lower parts costs,

Skoda is being Hit by Honda Very soon Hyundai will join in with New shape Elantra & New shape Sonata

VW hit by Hyundai Creta &i20 & Maruthi Scross & Baleno ,Honda New BRV

Unless VW & Skoda Changes thier Attitude & Dealers attitude towards service & Service cost its going to be tough fight

Buying a car is a personal choice and also depends on the events happening around him. Indians stay away from Fiat as we still get the picture of Kaali-peeli taxi, which is called with a slang of Fiat. Ferrari is from Fiat. The stigma from the name to go away would take a long time.

I agree with reddy.The VW and Skoda dealers, heavily charge their customers and insurance company, like saying the part is imported from Germany, have to remove the complete panel and will be completely repainted after treatment, superior oil, 3m polishing etc etc. @anirudh, by saying so, you will be hurting others feelings, which you may not have intended. Maruti cars are fairly optimized for Indian market. Body gauge adds to safety, but in minor damages, it don't affect . Paints of Maruti is less costly compared to others, color matching easily available, even with small roadside garages. Thin sheets are easily bendable and even after makeups, dents may be visible

There is no doubt that Indian buyers are becoming mature in terms of selecting car but still there is "herd mentality" that is effecting sales figures more.

Factors such as "Peace of Mind" and "Resale value" are driving sales chart than performance / technical factors.

I have seen people who simply buy car based on other's opinion or popularity attached to that particular car. They don't study or try to learn technical specs of the car but because 8 out of 10 people are buying a particular vehicle people buy that car blindly.

For example look at the sales figures of "Wagon R" and the price at which it is being sold. Wagon R sales are simply driven by an impression of being most fuel efficient but in reality the mileage figures may not be that impressive or At-Par with other vehicle in that segment. Wagon R or ALTO 800 / ALTO K10 are not worth at the price at which they are sold but people are buying it just because it's offered from Maruti Suzuki and because of it's high resale value.

I, as an engineer, would see the technical specifications like CC of engine, turbocharged engine whether inter cooled, pre-lube pump fitted or provision of cabin filter. These things, if working properly, would give reliability to the vehicle and good for the, both, makers and the purchaser. These things would spread through people by word of mouth or through auto forums or mouth shut.com etc. The common people would read through forums and consult their friends to see if their shortlisted car is performing well. Now we all know, it is cheaper to learn from other people's mistakes, so if my relative or friends have purchased a vehicle of some brand and he is getting a good mileage and no breakdowns, then it is quite obvious that I would also go for that make and model.

Now Indigo diesel,was turbocharged and was with inter cooler, 1.5 litre engine and was designed to perform as a, Merc would do as both have similar parts. I too, have indigo diesel and I have all the problems one can think of, battery doesn't last for more than two years, doesn't accelerate, poor mileage(<10kmpl), rubber coating on the dash got fungus growth, all window winders got renewed, auto locks solenoid are required to renewed every two years as water ingress so on and so forth.

Now someone tell me should I not go with the sales and other people reviews or feedback??