Sign in to follow this  
reddy

Surviving EuropeanLuxury cars Costs

Having experienced all the european cars over the years ,

Why do we opt for this European luxury cars ?

Brand name to show off

Safety

Comfort Ride

How ever There is cost for this

Expensive to maintain

Time taking process if Parts needed (takes 5 -15 days in workshops)

Lots of electric & electronic glitches

Life of parts is Short & Very Expensive

Many of them are not designed to Indian conditions.

So how do we Need survive this ?

I recomend this Time Frame ,

Mercedes S class Max keep it for 3 to 3 1/2 years with below 50000km

Audi A8 Max keep it for 3 to 3 1/2 years with below 50000km

BMW 7 series Max 4 Years or 75000km

This will help a bit

For me, the main drawback in owning the luxury brands example Merc, Audi or BMW any maintenance that appears as an error on the instrument panel has to be reset at the their workshop. I can change the oil or filters but at set running hrs the alarm will appear and same will be reset at the workshop and they will charge you.

Main problem i see with these luxury brands is that even after spending millions on their cars, you still unsure about their reliability.

A sense of fear is always there.

So anyone opting for these should always take extended warranty and maintenance packages.

But at the end, people who can afford them are not deterred by these negatives hence these brands continue to sell and even expand.

Sachin rightly said but there is limit to the warranty, company doesn't go beyond 4years as of now and original spares aren't available to the customers. So spares have to be ordered from abroad.

After 3 1/2 years i changed ElectronicParkingbrake unit in my S500 ,This new one failed in 13 months ,when questioned ,Answer is it has exceeded its Cycles ? between this changes car has done only 8000km ,

Reliability is big issue with this cars

@reddy, I was going through,"http://www.ebay.com/gds/Benz-COMPLAINTS-from-owners-Will-it-ever-end-/10000000001824526/g.html" and was really felt bad for Merc owners plight, they had all sorts of problems especially with S500 model.

I don't agree to the dealers reply on the limited life for the Electronic park brake unit!

Leave Luxury cars for times sake.

What about Ford who reduced the prize of their one SUV after Maruti launched a new car. Weren't they exploiting the market. And how many Maruti cars are real VFM cars. And above all how this prize bracket is created in India. they were created by Indian brands only, initially