Sign in to follow this  
cars4life

Honda Avancier SUV spied testing in China. Should it come to India?

post-7828-0-77264800-1464587221.jpg

The Honda Avancier SUV has been spotted testing on China roads. It is a full size SUV but only meant for the Chinese market. It first was shown at the Beijing Auto Show in April and will be launched shortly. The Avancier is production version of the Honda D concept. It has a 2.0 litre turbo engine with a 9 speed automatic gearbox.

post-7828-0-81158700-1464587223.jpgpost-7828-0-95466400-1464587226.jpgpost-7828-0-98586200-1464587229.jpg

Considering India's love for big SUVs, shouldnt Honda think of bringing this to India with a good diesel engine?

Looks big and spacious too. What do you think?

Source

I think this looks promising. Honda must bring this to India and place it above the CRV. Numbers will be small, but this could give Honda another flagship.

With state governments adopting the NGT recommendations, prospective customers are scared to buy any diesel SUVs. If Honda could add some hybrid feature, how meagre it may be, only then people would think in that direction. Hybrids are considered favourable by state governments.

I think diesel days are over in India.

With NGT banning > 2000 cc diesel cars in NCR and more cities in pipeline, no manufacturer will take risk to even bring diesel cars even with < 2000 cc engine.

Who knows what they ban next...petrol over 1500 cc?

Hybrids are truly the way forward but to get that technology in mass market cars at affordable prices is a real challenge.

I read somewhere that Toyota is planning hybrid launches at segment below Camry for India.

Until govt really brings down tax structure for hybrids, I don't really see many new offerings happening.

Heck, manufacturers like Maruti are shrewd enough to use such lame laws (of defining what a hybrid is) to their advantage.

Case in point Ertiga/Ciaz Diesel SHVS...not polluting environment and getting tax benefits :D

Edited by sachins

The A3 Sportback e-tron, Audi’s first plug-in hybrid, could be one. The model offers 150 kW (206.83hp) of system power and a purely electric range of 50 kilometres. Combined with the 1.4 TFSI with 110 kW (152.08hp) engine, the car has a total range of 940 kilometres. Very smart move by Audi and quick learner.

Found some more pics of the Avancier for the Chinese market... only this time Honda is set to sell it with some minor changes and badged as the "UR-V". I actually think this looks better than the Avancier, though

Source

honda-urv-1-660x440.jpg

honda-urv-2-660x485.jpg

honda-urv-3.jpg

honda-urv-4-660x392.jpg

honda-urv-5-660x427.jpg

honda-urv-6-660x443.jpg