Rainman

Skoda Fabia

i think rather than going for fabia petrol go and look for logan 1.4 petrol or the diesel one. itz a total vfm package though it has had many cost cutting measures applied to it....and now dey r offering fully loaded logan petrol 1.4 for  a ex showroom price for 4.49 lacs....unbeatable offer !!!

Just saw the review of the Fabia 1.4 Petrol in ACI-March. Looks quite good. However, the review is silent on the thirst, except for the (obvious) comment that the petrol will not be as frugal as the diesel. The review is quite complementary.

Lack of variants is the biggest mistake Sgiitk .

This is normal practice. Depending on your perception of demand you start from the top and work your way down or (not so common) start from the bottom and work your way up.

Not only this but also it is common practice to progressively move some features into lower variants. Take the Accent - as it comes to the end of its life cycle the current GLE is almost the same as the GLS of say five years ago.

sgiitk2008-02-27 04:13:51

As far as I know only the top end Petrol has been launched. See ACI of March for pricing and specs. The fact that it is the top end and not good VFM was rssh's grouse in the second post in the thread.

Ya i think there are different trims but is it choice or are they according to models that i dont know...And in website to i think its not disclosed properly regarding the variants, there specifications & features & their prices...

I test drove it a few weeks back - I definitely recommend it above the diesel though you'll get a milage of about 10-12  (as per the car's onboard trip computer)....I still think its worth it though - atleast it doesnt give a feeling of "what the ****...is this what I paid for?" feeling that you get on starting the LOUD diesel motor.

Make sure though that you change the tires - I think 195/65 R14 will perform much better in terms of ride (which I feel is extremely harsh), handling and braking than the standard 185/60 R14 that the Fabia comes standard with....

I test drove it a few weeks back - I definitely recommend it above the diesel though you'll get a milage of about 10-12  (as per the car's onboard trip computer)....I still think its worth it though - atleast it doesnt give a feeling of "what the ****...is this what I paid for?" feeling that you get on starting the LOUD diesel motor.

Make sure though that you change the tires - I think 195/65 R14 will perform much better in terms of ride (which I feel is extremely harsh)' date=' handling and braking than the standard 185/60 R14 that the Fabia comes standard with....
[/quote'] THe grip is enough you are paying so much and still changing tyres is a thinh of madness.smiley17.gif

dude get on the net and look up skoda fabia prices, kit and engine options anywhere in the world but here - and then realise just how stupid skoda thinks Indians are - and just how stupid we must be for patronising them

@Rssh

I mentioned about upsizing the tires and their aspect ratios coz I personally felt that the ride was way too harsh...plus the OEM tires arn't that great (some Matador brand)...

anyways...I think the Fabia in both petrol and diesel guise is over-priced...otherwire I would've bought it by now!

FABIA is pure waste of money. Its a compltely ridiculous and outrageous price for a 1.2 Litre Engine with puts a meagre 68 BHP, which is just 7 bhp more than a SANTRO.

The Fabia 1.2 feels pretty ok in the city. Its only on the highway that you feel the need for more horses. The excellent ride and handling do make up for some of it.

FRG

I agree with the The excellent ride and handling part mate. But its price is not justified in any sense.

with increasing fuel prices , are u like sure u wanna go for a petrol car . if the ans is yes , my suggestion is the swift zxi . for more details u should read the june autocar edition as there is a comparison b/w the swift and the fabia . smiley2.gif