Rainman

Skoda Fabia

rainman, earlier a distance of more than 40-50kms daily fell in diesel category , but now, it has shrunk to >15-20ks daily.

well 3 cylinder has no real drawbacks except its  noisy in the fabia.

the fabia wil have a great reduction in price once VW's factory is up and running...currently 80% of fabia is imported...so the price wil surely fall into the getz category once more localisation is done

the fabia wil have a great reduction in price once VW's factory is up and running...currently 80% of fabia is imported...so the price wil surely fall into the getz category once more localisation is done

I would say that is High hopes

No auto company will drop the prices unless the demand reduces. Further they would like to maintain their 'exclusivity factor' which will evaporate if the price is reduced. Only some discount schemes may come if the demand is poor.

I believe these are on two fronts - better driveability (read low end torque) and economy.

Instead of working on FUEL ECONOMY, i seriously think SKODA should start working on reducing the price or  give it a bigger engine.

Skoda has missed a very good opportunity of making Fabia the segment leader (in terms of image and quality).  If only they had put better engines in all 3 variants and priced it sensibly, they could have given Swift a run for its money.

Above all despite low sales volume, Skoda dealers are showing no/little interest in selling their product. I visited 02 of their dealers and none of them provided me a Test drive... they promised me to follow-up with me but haven't heard back from them since last 2 weeks smiley3.gif

I believe they do not want to sell their car to masses smiley17.gif

They are looking for Brand loyal people only who want to put their money on new launches without asking any questions (the sales guys were neither able to answer many of my technical questions, nor were able to compare it meaningfully with Swift) or Test drive (why you need it, isn't the name Skoda enough!) smiley7.gif

the samething happened with me when i went for TD of YZF R15..when i asked for TD he said "why to drive it ,its very good bike and u should book it ,after all its yamaha"....m i fool to book without having Td....(they were not having bikes for TD)

I have always said that let a car be in the market place for about 3-4 months before plonking down your money for it. Invariably there are gremlins which surface only when the aam janta' gets its hands onto the vehicle. Here the 1.2 petrol is a case in point. As for pricing the import content of the Fabia is very high, and Skoda to present a upmarket image, notwithstanding that in Europe they are at the lower end of the Porsche stable - Porsche, Audi, VW and then Skoda.

Also, by all accounts on the forum Skoda Dealerships and their garages are a constant point of complaint.

smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

I am still hopeful that slowly but surely in coming days these companies will start giving due importance to Indian customers also. To be honest it's not the flaw of these Multinationals as they are very much commited to Customer service, but the treatment we receive is mainly driven by their Indian counterparts (Distributors/Service executives) who feel that there is no need to service their customers smiley9.gif

smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

I am still hopeful that slowly but surely in coming days these companies will start giving due importance to Indian customers also. To be honest it's not the flaw of these Multinationals as they are very much commited to Customer service' date=' but the treatment we receive is mainly driven by their Indian counterparts (Distributors/Service executives) who feel that there is no need to service their customers smiley9.gif
[/quote']

Yes you are absolutely correct.SKODA dealerships are given at a huge price. Only some fellow who has lots of money takes them and they expect customers from such RICH category only. I dont know if they are under the impression that SKODA is like MERCEDES or what ?

If they are thinking so, they must be fools.

Last week I have complained to Skoda Auto India re: my experience with their Gurgaon dealership, and just now I received a call from them apologizing on behalf of their dealer. I hope the appropraite feedback would be passed to the concerned dealer as well.

I am planning to buy this car for my wife for her office commute.

Hi guys... any idea when Honda Jazz would be launched in India. If it's being launched near Diwali then it's worth waiting.

NO chances of JAzz coming here any time soon. Its seems HONDA is developing a entirely new 1.2ltr engine for INDIAN version to get the excise cut. So it will take time. Definitely not this DIWALI.

SOURCE: INTERNET(GOOGLE IT YOU WILL FIND THE INFO)

Last week I have complained to Skoda Auto India re: my experience with their Gurgaon dealership' date=' and just now I received a call from them apologizing on behalf of their dealer. I hope the appropraite feedback would be passed to the concerned dealer as well.

I am planning to buy this car for my wife for her office commute.
[/quote']

Which dealer was it in Gurgaon? I had a really nasty experience with Giriraj Motors .  I also lodged a complaint at Skoda aurgangabad and the GM Sales did call me. However, he did nothing. It was usual sales talk without any action. I finally ended up buying it from Silvertone, Gurgaon (they weren't great either), looks like they are just starting operations in Gurgaon.

If you do buy a Fabia, be prepared for small hardships. The folks at the dealership have no clue about the car and its features. Additionally they don't even stock basic Skoda genuine accessories (you can find tons of them on ebay, .uk sites). I couldn't even find mud flaps at the dealership. Thankfully the car came with a set of floor mats.

I wonder when will Skoda get this entire machinery to work. I would suspect there would be delay in finding genuine spares too.

The service staff at the dealerships is not fully trained too. I volunteered to buy a skoda genuine accessory from the UK (a remote lock for the manual central lock in classic), but they weren't sure if they could fit it.

Despite all these incoveniences however, it is a good car. I have a honda city Zxi(2004), and the Fabia is much better in terms of ride quality, handling and build. The only negatives (which  I already knew prior to purchase) are:

1. no remote fuel lid opener (irritant)

2. no remote boot unlock (mine is a classic. the higher end has it on the key. in my case you need to centrally unlock).

3. bonnet opener on the left side.

4. diesel engine noise.

5. lack of accelaration and refinement in lower gears.

Which dealer was it in Gurgaon? I had a really nasty experience with Giriraj Motors .  I also lodged a complaint at Skoda aurgangabad and the GM Sales did call me. However, he did nothing. It was usual sales talk without any action. I finally ended up buying it from Silvertone, Gurgaon (they weren't great either), looks like they are just starting operations in Gurgaon.

It was Giriraj Motors onlysmiley1.gif Which variant did you bought?