Rainman

Skoda Fabia

I think he works for Skoda (read in some earlier posts) not sure but he get back to the topic Fabia .What happened to the 1.2lt petrol FE and power delivery issue that Skoda said did they find a solution to it ?

RubbiSSH you dont think you just hit the keys to increase the number of posts!

roomy: It looks like your knowledge needs some updating.

Rolls and Bentley are super luxury products. In that segment it is the aspirational value which counts and not VFM. (but how will you know this?)

As far as your repeated crib that we cant afford Skoda, you may note that my son has a BMW 5 series, and owns watches worth more than the cost of the highest model of your percious Fabia. And you may further note that we are not paying any EMI on BMW or any other stuff we own. Still I wanted to buy Fabia, as I needed a good compact car for the stupid traffic of Delhi / Noida. And Sir, I would have made a cash purchase. (I feel very awkward having written this, but you have forced me to write)

Further please note that car companies do not sacrifice power in India to 'increase reliablilty to combat our extreme conditions'. Power is automatically reduced due to the poor quality of fuel here.

Instead of RubbiSSHing others, please start looking beyond your nose and start evaluating cars beyond 'milage kitni hai'. You have still not been able to counter any shortcomings of Skoda pointed out by others.

Your precious Skoda is a budget brand in UK & europe and mostly run as taxis. Thank God that you are not working for Skoda otherwise .................

Please dont bother to reply as I dont want to get into any debate with you and you may accuse me also of trying to increase the number of my posts.

As are toyota nissan etc. And sir I must congratulate you that your son owns a BMW that too 5 series without even having any EMI and achievement indeed! Also further congratulations are in order that you could have bought the Fabia with cash lying around the house another laudable achievement I am sure. I feel very awkward writing this but I stand by my statement that auto makers detune the engines probably for the reasons that I mentioned. I am so sorry to have to contradict you especially since your son owns a 5 series BMW without any EMI's

btw are you the same person as this link suggests? Or have I made a mistake because the person there seems to list fantasizing as his interest and shares your name and location

roomy2008-07-14 11:02:34

er roomy, how does detuning an engine so that it puts out lower horsepower "increase reliability" or "combat our extreme conditions"? if I remember correctly, all local car mags - autocar included - talk about detuning the engine as we (shamefully) use low quality (read adulterated) petrol and diesel - and also low octane stuff. this is why Honda has flatly refused so far to bring its diesels to india, citing the abysmally low quality of that fuel here. this is also why Volkswagen won't offer us the excellent 170bhp 1400c petrol that powers the jetta overseas - because we don't have the required octane

By stressing the engine less you would get longer (reliable) life out of it and yes poor quality fuel is also one of the harsh conditions that exist here

but surely reducing the specific output of a given engine, all things being equal, would cause that very engine to in fact work harder to move a given mass and ipso facto reduce the life of the engine rather than increase it? correct me if I'm wrong here someone, anyone...

I'm a person who'd love to own a Fabia and can afford one too. But the dealers and Skoda's indifferent attitude puts me off. I've tried exchanging mails with their customer care service. I ask them a technical question and all they do is to point me to a local dealer. And like many admit, the dealers are lousy. So that brings us back to square one! For heaven's sake, I went to the customer care only because the dealers couldn't answer my question.

So does Fabia become a premium car just because Skoda  charges a premium for it? At least we have a consensus on the dealers and customer care. So let Skoda do something about this.

Well the engines are detuned here due to bad fuel and I agree roomy to that point but how can a engine be more reliable and last long it will be lazy and won't like to go towards the red line just like thr Fabia 1.2lt don't know much about the 1.4lt as it is the lowest selling one as it is available in only top end range .Also Skoda did claim about the lack of power in 1.2lt and the booking were not taken so I am not increasing posts  .

I think you don't have enough room for jealousy also come frequently I love to fight with you!!smiley36.gif

btw are you the same person as this link suggests? Or have I made a mistake because the person there seems to list fantasizing as his interest and shares your name and location

No Roomy sir, I am not that person, and I dont fantasize.

Cheers.

Its not that I am fabia owner or lover, but neither do I hate it.

The car is in a segment probably which was already there, As SR-V was a 7L+ car. And there are more competitors in this segment coming soon.

Though personally I prefer sedans even in the lower segments (as in above 4.5L from where on sedans start). Fabia can fit in some one needs. Probably someone looking for good looks and find this one good looking. Or someone with good money but not comfortable driving a sedan.

Its a good move skoda got out with a 1.2 and not strip the current model to make it cheaper.

This car is also for someone looking for a good brand and doesn't like suzukis and hyundai's. As skoda is owned by Audi and VW and also presented in india as a luxury brand it does have some brand name which helps it to sell more.

One more thing that is there is when you tell someone you own a skoda its does have a diiferent impact. As in physcologically you think its the same skoda which has also a 20L+ superb so its a priemium brand. Nothing to do with the car though.

Though As other brands move in with their super hatches skoda will have to try something different to keep up its sale in this sector.

is it out already? this is news.

I can't believe anyone would pay the prices skoda are asking for the Fabia (or the other models for that matter) - especially when they are not a luxury brand anywhere else. so why here? are Indian customers less worthy or easier to please? reading the posts here, one may be inclined to agree. its a skoda guys, not a bugatti. get over it.

is it out already? this is news.

I can't believe anyone would pay the prices skoda are asking for the Fabia (or the other models for that matter) - especially when they are not a luxury brand anywhere else. so why here? are Indian customers less worthy or easier to please? reading the posts here' date=' one may be inclined to agree. its a skoda guys, not a bugatti. get over it.
[/quote']

Its launched check the latest topics and you will find a separate thread for i10 KAPPA with link to ECONOMIC TIMES

thanks anveshp

had a look at the hyundai site, seems like a decent little car (if a bit expensive at about 6 lacs on-road mumbai for the ABS + airbag equipped model)

from the website, it would appear that hyundai no longer offer ABS + airbags on the 1.1 i10 - a shame, if so.

so now we have a car with everything the petrol fabia has to offer except maybe build quality, but i think the hyundai will make up for this with an automatic and a lot more power than the anemic fabia. skoda should pack up and go home.

thanks anveshp

had a look at the hyundai site' date=' seems like a decent little car (if a bit expensive at about 6 lacs on-road mumbai for the ABS + airbag equipped model)

from the website, it would appear that hyundai no longer offer ABS + airbags on the 1.1 i10 - a shame, if so.

so now we have a car with everything the petrol fabia has to offer except maybe build quality, but i think the hyundai will make up for this with an automatic and a lot more power than the anemic fabia. skoda should pack up and go home.
[/quote']

where did you get the pricing from ? I liked the SPORTZ variant. i will go for it,if  the pricing is reasonable

thanks anveshp

had a look at the hyundai site' date=' seems like a decent little car (if a bit expensive at about 6 lacs on-road mumbai for the ABS + airbag equipped model)

[/quote'] I have noticed one thing with Hyundai cars as far as I think the old Getz and accent did not have ABS available in them right so why do I now see the black sticker of ABS written in them because today I saw the old Getz GLS with that one are they just showing off or have they installed them later with the customers wallet please give me an answer to this smiley5.gif

good observation rssh

and partly correct. ABS was introduced on the 1.6 accent, quite right adi1991 (a friend of mine bought it many years ago).

but the getz - ah well, here you see hyundai ripping off Indian customers like any other manufacturer - our good friends at Skoda for example.

the getz only has ABS as an optional extra for the 1.3 petrol version and not for the more powerful and more expensive 1.5 CRDi engine. why is that? Hyundai refuse to say (despite selling the same car in europe with ABS as well as airbags). methinks it's a ploy to differentiate their products (as if pricing wasn't enough) and to force customers to buy a particular model - using safety as a sales tool.

this is apalling and should be condemned. they would be (rightly) sued in any other progressive country (that's what we are right? progressive?)

and this from a company whose dealers have banners out saying "Hyundai meets global safety standards".

at least Skoda, much as I don't like them, offer airbags and ABS on lower end variants of the Fabia - so they are doing something right.
diablo379892008-07-15 14:30:19

good observation rssh

and partly correct. ABS was introduced on the 1.6 accent' date=' quite right adi1991 (a friend of mine bought it many years ago).

but the getz - ah well, here you see hyundai ripping off Indian customers like any other manufacturer - our good friends at Skoda for example.

the getz only has ABS as an optional extra for the 1.3 petrol version and not for the more powerful and more expensive 1.5 CRDi engine. why is that? Hyundai refuse to say (despite selling the same car in europe with ABS as well as airbags). methinks it's a ploy to differentiate their products (as if pricing wasn't enough) and to force customers to buy a particular model - using safety as a sales tool.

this is apalling and should be condemned. they would be (rightly) sued in any other progressive country (that's what we are right? progressive?)

and this from a company whose dealers have banners out saying "Hyundai meets global safety standards".

at least Skoda, much as I don't like them, offer airbags and ABS on lower end variants of the Fabia - so they are doing something right.
[/quote']

Mate it happens the same every where.Even MARUTI SWIFT has VXI and VXI(ABS). In India there are no norms that cars should have AIRBAGS and ABS compulsory. So as far as the companies are concerned, what ever they are doing is legally correct.