Rainman

Skoda Fabia

only go for diesel fabia.......

but tooo expensive

if extra bucks r there........then go for fab...

good looks interiors.....excellent ride as that of a saloon ......not a good handler>>>

but decent performance o-100 in 14 s for diesel .......

when grande punto ,i20,polo is launched.....price will come down....

grande punto is good veh. to wait for >>>>>>

The Accent came with Abs model called GTX or Tornado with sleek gearshift and spoiler with alloys and even Viva petrol came with Abs....Getz from very beginning came with Abs and Alloys option with Gls variant...Infact if m not wrong Hyundai was the only company to introduce Abs in sub 12L category and after that only Abs was known to more people before that very few experts were knowing about it.....And Diablo Skoda atleast gives Abs and Airbags its because they even know that their base model is also expensive and if not performance they should give good features and thats why they are giving and they are charging for it so no big deal here.... 

Elentra was the first vehicle to get ABS and airbags also the GLS 1.6 DOHC (diesel one) had it I enquired with the owner and he said the ABS tag was put at the servicing time .

anveshp - quite right, legal but only becoz of our shortsighted govt. we need to band together as consumers and demand safety features across all variants. these aren't luxuries, available on only top end cars - these are essentials.

and - bluesapphire -agreed, the fabia that does some good by including these safety features across all variants quickly  undoes that by charging a ridiculous amount of money. so the accident won't kill you but the price tag will.
diablo379892008-07-16 14:01:53

I agree with diablo at this price even the base should be given ABS .I think even the Palio's underpowered 1.1lt engine will suit Fabia more than the 1.2lt .Though it will loose steam just like the 1.2lt but the FE and refinement will be higher (in respect to 1.2lt only).

designersf - sure, that's what they say, but will any car manufacturer actually share that data with you honestly? and if other car manufacturers are doing it (Fiat offers you an excellently built Palio with an outstanding suspension and 100BHP for 5 lacs, Chevrolet dropped the price of the Spark by 65k when everyone else increased prices) why isn't Skoda? the truth is that under the guise of these (admittedly) high duties, car companies quietly slip in a fat wad of profit. and for those of us who go on about the fabia's excellent equipment specs, let's not forget the lack of climate control, not even as an option, where the European consumer gets this, additional safety, and better engines for a whole lot less.

designersf - sure' date=' that's what they say, but will any car manufacturer actually share that data with you honestly? and if other car manufacturers are doing it (Fiat offers you an excellently built Palio with an outstanding suspension and 100BHP for 5 lacs, Chevrolet dropped the price of the Spark by 65k when everyone else increased prices) why isn't Skoda? the truth is that under the guise of these (admittedly) high duties, car companies quietly slip in a fat wad of profit. and for those of us who go on about the fabia's excellent equipment specs, let's not forget the lack of climate control, not even as an option, where the European consumer gets this, additional safety, and better engines for a whole lot less.[/quote']

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU DIABLO

One query about the climate control thing the very first broschure of diesel Fabia showed that the elegance had this as std but later when autocar tested it in January then the feature was missing and now no sign of it .

@diablo the elegance diesel price here (9 lakhs ) you get the laura RS engine in Europe and that to in top end trim level .

@diablo the elegance diesel price here (9 lakhs ) you get the laura RS engine in Europe and that to in top end trim level .

Aren't all cars costlier in india than in UK?

Yes i agree, India always get second hand treatment, all cars are laucnhed in the world much earlier and we have to wait when will it come to INDIA ?

when will it come to INDIA ? This is really sick.

These car makers want our money but give us OLD MODELS. But i think HYUNDAI & HONDA are exceptions with i10 and the latest ACCORD.

adi1991 - the reva is cheaper in the UK than in its own country of manufacture (India).

I see your point tho, and the answer is yes, more often than not. there is no reason why this is, except for the fact that these companies use local demand and a complex duty structure to hide their massive profits. don't believe me? Suzuki Japan says India accounts for about 20% of global sales - but over 60% of profit.

anveshp - wish that were true but alas! even Hyundai and Honda are to blame (tho Hyundai is making a good effort to put Indians on par with other customers with the i10). Honda hasn't introduced the V6 Accord here (the new Accord, that is) and don't forget, this is a company that took more than 3 years to bring ABS and airbags to the City - when these were available in neighbouring Thailand from the very first car
diablo379892008-07-17 10:17:22

adi1991 - the reva is cheaper in the UK than in its own country of manufacture (India).

I see your point tho' date=' and the answer is yes, more often than not. there is no reason why this is, except for the fact that these companies use local demand and a complex duty structure to hide their massive profits. don't believe me? Suzuki Japan says India accounts for about 20% of global sales - but over 60% of profit.

anveshp - wish that were true but alas! even Hyundai and Honda are to blame (tho Hyundai is making a good effort to put Indians on par with other customers with the i10). Honda hasn't introduced the V6 Accord here (the new Accord, that is) and don't forget, this is a company that took more than 3 years to bring ABS and airbags to the City - when these were available in neighbouring Thailand from the very first car
[/quote']

ABS and airbags  are mandatory in THAILAND ? In India they are not.

don't knw about thailand anveshp, but the point is that the car had them in that country

and even if they aren't mandatory, why don't we see manufacturers offer them here? why not? this country has the highest no. of road deaths in the world after China, so wouldn't any responsible car manufacturer happily offer these safety features? even at an additional (read add-on) cost - but they don't, do they. the first thing that they rip out of a car to make it cheaper for India (read that as more profitable for the manufacturer) are all the safety systems. I guess they figure that with over 50 years of Ambassadors and Padminis, who are we to complain?

don't knw about thailand anveshp' date=' but the point is that the car had them in that country

and even if they aren't mandatory, why don't we see manufacturers offer them here? why not? this country has the highest no. of road deaths in the world after China, so wouldn't any responsible car manufacturer happily offer these safety features? even at an additional (read add-on) cost - but they don't, do they. the first thing that they rip out of a car to make it cheaper for India (read that as more profitable for the manufacturer) are all the safety systems. I guess they figure that with over 50 years of Ambassadors and Padminis, who are we to complain?[/quote']

You mean they are not even optional ?

Yup! he means that the DZire VXi/VDi should be deserved optional ABS do you all think .

Any info on Fabia's competitor the Jazz and the Punto ?

I am also eagerly waiting for the Grande Punto. When is it expected to launch ?

In Thailand ABS, Airbags are not mandatory, as I have lived and worked there for many years, i know how the cars are manufacture there and sold. In thailand, all models are available in Manual, Auto gears with ABS and W/o ABS and options are left to the customer, here in India. The ABS, AirBags, and other safety features are not included just to keep the price tag lower, and no options are alos provided, beause they have hold stocks for those parts which will not sold that often.

Only Accord comes with AUTO gear with no Manual gear option..

Hi jambkk, please preview your posts before posting & check for proper grammar & complete sentences, this shall be helpful for other forum members in reading & understanding your posts better. You could go through the announcements section and learn more.

Speed -I hope we are not sharing English lessons for schools kids in these forums ! nor teaching to write essay's. Through forums thoughts and experience on topics that are discussed is shared so other members who are looking for suggestions shall consider which vehicle they should go with and so.

Again what is wrong with this tread, hope this tread is about ABS being not available in cars sold in India....

Proper grammar & right sentences make it easy for members to read it , to be able to reply in a better way. This also imparts quality to the forum content.

Theres nothing wrong in writing proper english, unless one does not know how to!

Just check out your previous post , its full of mistakes & atleast I was unable to understand, in order to reply. So, dont take it personally & try to post in a proper manner.

speed2008-08-05 20:09:51

Skoda Fabia is great car both in terms of power and performance.It also has style which is very appealing. As it is from the the house of Volkswagen there is no second thoughts about its buy.I also read in http://blog.carazoo.com/2008/05/fabia-precedes-skodas-other-small-car.html that the brand will be rolling out another version of Fabia to india very soon.