sudeepd

Differences after replacing Clutch Assembly.......

What are the differences that are seen in performance(pickup), fuel

efficiency, etc., after replacing the Clutch Plate Assembly(CPA). I got

replaced the CPA of old Indigo replaced but didnt notice any difference

in performance and fuel efficiency except the gear shifting improved

"somewhat". But still I am not able to shift to Reverse Gear easily.

The main culprit responsible for replacement of CPA is unable to shift

to Reverse easily. Despite replacing CPA, I still have to play with the

gearbox (move forward in 1st and then try to shift Reverse,

this seldom helps me) more often. If I try to apply more pressure while

shifting to Reverse, the gear makes such an IRRITATING NOISE that I

feel Ashamed of myself.

Unless you have a slipping clutch you should not expect any fuel efficiency gains. As fro the reverse shifting problem it could be a badly adjusted linkage from the gear lever with possibly worn bushes as well. Ages ago my Premier Padmini had a very baulky reverse. Finally after over three yearswe traced it down to the linkage rubbing the housing. This type of problem is now rare, but work out linkages, worn out bushes, or poorly adjusted linkages - YES.

Did you not replace the entire assembly? Also get the bushes checked.

FRG

I changed entire assembly, FRG.

The Bill read as follows=>

Part Description                                              Cost Rs.

Cover Assembly-------------------------------1068=00

Clutch Disc Assembly Diesel Indigo------------2223=12

Assembly Clutch Release Yoke------------------393=00

Bearing Clutch Release-------------------------- 607=00

Bush Upper ON-----------------------------------26=00

Bush Lower----------------------------------------25=40

DRG Oil Seal (Quantity 2Nos)--------------------106=78

D/S Inte. Sel Shifter Shaft---------------------------28=00

Assembly Clutch Cable----------------------------372=00

=================================================

Total=                          4956=08 

So Can anyone PLEASE tell me why I am facing problem in shifting the Reverse Gear smoothly?

From your posts it seems that you do not have a hydraulic operation with the clutch and it seems to clash when trying to put it in reverse I do not think it could be bushes or oiling but rather that  complete declutching does not seem to take place which could be because of faulty parts e.g a clutch or pressure plate that is not true, maybe even the flywheel should be checked. Also the idle speed should not be too high. The free play adjustment should be correctly set. Could also be a worn shift fork which is not letting the gear eangae fully

From your posts it seems that you do not have a hydraulic operation with the clutch and it seems to clash when trying to put it in reverse I do not think it could be bushes or oiling but rather that  complete declutching does not seem to take place which could be because of faulty parts e.g a clutch or pressure plate that is not true' date=' maybe even the flywheel should be checked. Also the idle speed should not be too high. The free play adjustment should be correctly set. Could also be a worn shift fork which is not letting the gear eangae fully

[/quote']

In the manual its given "Clutch Type: Single plate dry friction diaphragm type".

i got the clutch changed in my zen which has clocked around 95 k....with d new clutch things have just improved marginally....d gearshif is smoother now and the pick up has increased marginally...rest everything is same but am nt facing ne probs wat so ever in gear shift...get it checked by the company !!!!

@sudeep The manual gives the clutch type and not its actuation. Just check if there is another small hydraulic oil tank for the clutch, or you see a cable coming from the clutch pedal to the gearbox. If teh latter then it is not hydraulic.

@mehul. What you describe is exactly what was to be expected. The slight improvement in the pick up may be indicating that the old clutch was just starting to slip a bit, OR that the worn out lining was taking somewhat longer to fully bite. Congrats for getting 95k out of the clutch!