CRP12

Hatchback for driving maniac

I love to drive cars & intend to upgrade from my Wagon-R to a new car. My only priority is fulfilling the driving passion & nothing else. I have shortlisted the followings with in my budget. Which one to go for? My usage: City-75%, High way-25%.

1. Swift-petrol

2.Swift-diesel.

3.Getz-1.3 petrol.

4.Getz- diesel

5.Palio-1.6 petrol.

6.Hyundai-I-10 

7.Xeta petrol 1.4.

Please do advise, if any other car will suit my requirement best, with in the budget of Getz-diesel.

Take a test drive of the Swift VDi (diesel). Its really awsome. The common rail Fiat multijet diesel is noiseless and other than the diesel tank being topped up, there's no feeling at all that its a diesel. It can also perform better than any petrol car in its class, while on the highways.

The Union Budget has made it cheaper by Rs 18000/-approx. It should be availiable for around Rs 550,000=00 ex-showroom. ABS and airbags are optional.

get the swift petrol it gives a peppy performance for 130horse power car and try gettin the zxi ..................................for a comfort more than getz or any car in its class 

how about chevrolet srv? is it comparable to the palio and swift. I know the pricing is too high' date=' but from driving point of view is it a decent bet? [/quote']

srv is too fashionened out for the indians its better to go for fabia....................for a lot of comfortincase of pricing ..........and how can it be compared to swift and palio when it generates a102bhp lke its sister optrasmiley7.gif

well i wasn't sure abt the srv's specs coz i read lots of reviews saying that it doesn't drive as sporty as it looks....so didn't bother with the specs

well i guess i know the specs now smiley1.gif

If Diesel, Getz is better than Swift as its much more powerful and comfortable and also interiors are better now.. Swift diesel is for smoothness and refined and also economical but not for those who want power,performance,space..etc..

get the swift petrol it gives a peppy performance for 130horse power car and try gettin the zxi ..................................for a comfort more than getz or any car in its class 

Like The VTEC guy pointed out, Swift is just 87bhp.

The Palio 1.6 is the best of the lot. It feel and handles even better than some C segment cars.

Like The VTEC guy pointed out, Swift is just 87bhp.

The Palio 1.6 is the best of the lot. It feel and handles even better than some C segment cars.

Except braking I tested the new 1.6lt Palio and the brakes get locked up pretty fast and really needs ABS.