mehul_bhp

honda crv

honda crv is a very nice car....though itz price is a bit on expensive side but still its quiet a luxury....but d main shortcoming of dis car is dat itz a petrol suv !! in india d concept of petrol suv has not taken off....so d honda should be really thinking of putting a diesel in crv....wat do u think ?????

Note From Admin: Please compose your message properly. Use of SMS/Chat lingo is prohibited on the forum.
FuelRunGod2008-03-11 06:44:04

Every one thinks this thats why they were in a dilemma of Endeavor or CRV but now captiva has joined and with Outlander we will see less CRV the earlier one had picked up really well but this one is too expensive .CBU option is not the best.

Even though its expensive, it still manages to sell. I beleive there is a waiting period too so I do not agree that petrol SUV's do not sell. It could be that because it runs on petrol its selling?!

Also, I see the new CRV on the roads much more than the old one's. Its a Honda, got a good engine, great interiors and looks great for most people (Personally I like the old one much better) only downside is its mileage.

i think...its too far.. (diesel ) in honda fr India, nyways ny1 saw d new crv 2.0

Note From Admin: Use of SMS/Chat lingo is prohibited on the forum.
FuelRunGod2008-03-11 06:44:48

I was out of station...but dad had done a testdrive of Captiva and CRV2.0L

Both were good it seems....but he as usual preferred HONDA all the way!!!!

Though economically Captiva being diesel has an edge...The Quality of Honda wins Hands Down!!!!!

I think anyone shelling out so much money for the CRV is plain silly. The CBU excuse is a no go. The older model was a CBU also. Honda managed to make money selling it at 15 lacs. So what justified the price jump to 22 lacs??

Internationally the new model replaced the old one at roughly around the same price levels. ($20,000 or Rs.8 lacs)

Its only in India that honda is truly taking the customers for a ride with the overpriced CRV.

yup, I'd agree with that manishk123 (have a look at my thread on How Manufacturers think Indians are stupid) - Honda insists on bringing the thing in as an import, simply because there isn't enough competition in that segment to lower prices. isn't it strange that - if what manishk123 says is correct - that you can buy a CRV for less than a Mahindra Scorpio? how does that meake you feel? and incidentally, Honda do not want to launch the diesel option in India because of the abysmal quality of our diesel fuel which will wreck their engines - there's a post on the autocar forum from some poor guy who bought a tucson and has seen it messed up because of adulterated diesel - all this in a country with a higher price of petrol than SE Asia or the US... Jai Hind

I  agree with  diablo37989.

Note From Admin: Please check the dates on the last post. It was months ago. One liners do not really add any value to the content. Kindly avoid them.

FuelRunGod2008-07-01 06:08:12

you know what would be really interesting? an investigation that showed us all what car manufacturers were declaring as the cost of CBU imports, and the duty added. I think we'd find that several (if not all) of them use the duty play to jack up their profits tremendously. now that should be a story. FRG? FRG??

yes you're probably right.

how about an indicative comparison? cost of the car in the country of manufacture (where it is exported from of course) less local taxes, add India taxes and insurance (for shipping) and freight - am certain we will see a marked difference even after accounting for the 120% duties our wonderful protectionist govt levies...