vinay

NEED advice!!!

I am looking for a car which will be comfortable in city's bad roads as well as in the long journey that has a good fuel economy at least 10 in the city and handles well ,good acceleration from 0-100 and a descent top speed  at least 170 or < and MOST IMPORTANT  ABS and should have a low and reasonable service replacement ,accident and other spare parts costs
and should come with in 10 lacs
i have been looking at the maruti sx4 and Mitsubishi cedia and may be Chevrolet aveo i found that the Chevrolet has a good fuel economy,reasonable parts,and comes at 8.45lks but has a little ground clearance problem and lacks performance but its i guess not very bad and the next i saw is sx4 at 8.16lks which has good features, looks, acceleration but rear seat is cramped and a bit bumpy i haven't seen the cedia yet but have heard it isn't or comfortable i don t know i am confusedsmiley5.gif weather any of these or  some other car that will fit my requirements  please advice .

Note From Admin: Please don't use such big fonts. It is painful for the readers.

FuelRunGod2008-03-10 04:36:26

Since you have already seen the other two, you should give the Cedia a look too and then decide.

BTW, none of the cars you have mentioned will give 10kmpl in the city and I don't think its very important.

@darklord the FE in the LPG is also bad because of performance tuning by Mistu and will equify the petrol running cos or say intermediate between petrol and diesel.

I have an Elantra GLS: it satisfies all your prerequisites. But I think it's on the way out. Give the Optra Magnum diesel a try. The top end works out to a shade over Rs.10 lakhs OTR. If you can stretch, it's worth it.

@darklord the FE in the LPG is also bad because of performance tuning by Mistu and will equify the petrol running cos or say intermediate between petrol and diesel.

Thanks for the info rssh.

I guess the chevy would make more sense now.