zen_2006

ZEN vibration problem

Helo all, i have purchased a second hand zen recently.

Specification:

model-2006, milage-22000

Problem: when i start the vehicle, vahicle starts vibrating slightly in neutral position, when accelerated more, vibration reduces slightly, but in 3rd gear, it again vibrates more. and in at speeds 60-80 also it vibrates. what could be the reason and how can i rectify it. tyres looks to be in good condition. i have take this one from used car showroom of toyota company, so serviceing done very recently.

please help me.

thanks

FRG is right. Also, you may have broken/defective engine mounts. The fact that the problem is worse at certain times is a matter of body resonances.Normally one does not expect mounts to give way so soon, but ...

sgiitk2008-03-10 06:57:50

Vibration at speed is invariably wheel problem. Could be disbalanced tyres or distorted wheels / tyres. The former is easy to fix - just get the wheels balanced. The latter may require you to move the culprit around (often placing it on the rear fixes it). I am even aware of a case where the owner had a problem of the car pulling to one side and finally they changed the tyre!