sandy.sk

Palio stile 1.3 multi jet OR the new Tata indica

Hi,

I am sandeep looking to buy a hatchback,

was almost decided on waiting for the new indica which is to be released with the new fiat engine. but thin i saw the Fiat palio stile 1.3 multijet.

So now i am confused as which one to buy. Should i wait for the indica or just go for the fiat.

please let me know

thanks

Sandeep

I will wlso advise the same, however as to fit and finish - keep your fingers (and toes) crossed. The City Rover did not exactly set the Thames ablaze with its quality.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Well the new indica not sure when it is going to relese, i am trying to find out but no luck. If anyone knows please let me know.

My guess is that the  Tata nano itself is coming out in october or something like that, so i am guessing that this indica may not come before that.. correct me if i am wrong

Should be very similar since both will have the same engine and will be very similar otherwise.

The two (Indica and Nano) dont have same engine. The Indica has about 1.3-1.4 litre 4 cylinder engine and Nano has 624cc Two cylinder engine.

Should be very similar since both will have the same engine and will be very similar otherwise.

The two (Indica and Nano) dont have same engine. The Indica has about 1.3-1.4 litre 4 cylinder engine and Nano has 624cc Two cylinder engine.

hey the comparison here is about Palio Stile and new Tata Indica

As far as possible try to avoid a newly launched Tata car. History

shows that there will be lot of gremlins and  would need lot of

improvement. You should wait for atleast two quarters after a Tata is

launched. So if you can wait you better wait for the Grande Punto.

Unless Fiat screws it up (in terms of pricing, equipment etc) will be

worth the wait.

As far as possible try to avoid a newly launched Tata car. History shows that there will be lot of gremlins and  would need lot of improvement. You should wait for atleast two quarters after a Tata is launched. So if you can wait you better wait for the Grande Punto. Unless Fiat screws it up (in terms of pricing' date=' equipment etc) will be worth the wait. [/quote']

I agree... you need to wait for some time before you buy a new TATA....

I agree that waiting for a few months after a new model is launched is a good thing.

However, noting that the engine will be the same, the (hopefully) lower initial cost, as well as cheaper repairs, and possibly lower depreciation will make me look at the Tata variant. FIAT may take a few years to wash off their poor service image. Even now owners of Palio's often have to wait for spares since the stocks with Tata dealerships are poor.

Well can u guys help me list out the pros and cons of each car

Pros for Palio MJD

1. Engine and build is great

2. Power is great

Cons for Palio MJD

1. Interiors are old and dated

2. Service and spares

Pros For Tata Indica(To be released)

1. Interiors will be good

2. Space will be good

Cons For Tata Indica(To be released)

1. Dont know when it will release

2. The new indica may take some time to become stable

Please correct me if i am wrong and add on to the list

and thanks for your responses.

Sandeep

Well in ACi indica vs palio IIndica was the winner but how .I think its another printing mistake correct me FRG if I am wrong (you looked a kid sleeping in the ford truck)

Hi,

In NDTV profit on 24th March, there was news flash that says New Indica production started in Pune plant and may be launched during 2nd week of April 2008.Please refer the news flash in the below link