Sign in to follow this  
geet1971

Extra Lights : Honda City 2003 1.5Exi

Dear all,

Greetings !

I own a 1.5 Exi Honda , 2003 make. I need to fit two extra lights in the front . Reason : I do lot of night drives , bangalore - coorg , mysore , ooty .

Currently i use 100watt bulbs with a cut out , they are quite ok but not enough for drive through dense jungle roads .

Kindly suggest , it would be of great help to get suggestions from you experinced guys.

Regards,

Geetanand

If you must have extra lights then good driving lights like Hella or Bosch should be available. Mount them low and not over the roof! However, wire them so that the lights (if selected) only come on with the high beam, and are off in the low beam mode. Also, you must go back to LEGAL bulbs )55/45W) in the head lamps asap.

Thanks Buddy , let me try this out. Any idea why i should switch back to original 45/55 w bulbs , iam a layman in this electrical stuff , but iam getting brigther headlights with the current 100w bulbs.

regards,

Geet

Yes. Use of bulbs higher than 55/45 is ILLEGAL. Someone did not advise you when changing. A very common error. If caught you will have no answers. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. There is a thread somewhere on Discharge Headlights/projector Bulbs as well.

Remember fog lamps do not have a well defined pattern. Thus penetration distance is poor. As for yellow lamps all evidence today is that white or yellow hardly matters.

So did all headlamps in France once upon a time. The origin of fog lamps is in in a rally (Monte Carlo?). There was dense fog and the drivers were in trouble due to the glare from their headlamps. They tried covering the lenses with newspapers and it helped. As the paper was yellow, it was attributed to the colour of the paper, and not the diffused light. later tests (after halogens came in) showed that the colour (white or yellow) does not matter, it is the lens/reflector design which is the critical element.

Incidentally, the French were trying to protect their headlamp industry!!!