ashishstillther

AVENGER PROBLEM

HI GUYS M HAVIN BAJAJ AVENGER FROM 2YR(DONE 20,000KM)...nwdays m having probs in tht like engine sound while driving

mechanics from different CENTRE told me THAT..

1.ur timimg chain is worn off

2.disk plate is dishaped

3.chain is loose

4.chain is extremely tight

5.clutch plates are worn off

now i realy got confused which is the correct prob

now as my bike is in the service station of royal bajaj peera garhi..on 1st day there mechanic told me that your timimg chain is going to be changed...npw after inspecting bike he told me that there is a need to change cylinder+ piston+clutch plates+timimg chain=7k approx

he told me that all this happen due to low engine oil level..but i hd noticd tht is past few month whenever i go for service..service man told me that i am not putting engine oil but i had alwaz did that honestly

when i told that thing to mechanic there he told me that in ur bike there is high level of smoke emission(as my silence is partially broken) but i never noticed it....now you people plz guide me WHAT EXACTLY THE PROBLEM IS...

For Timing  Chain-

What type of sound does the engine give out? Is it ticking (Ticking of clock) sound? If yes, then replace the Timing Chain

For Disk Plate-

You did not mention which disk plate is dishaped?

For Chain Loose or Tight-

Remove the rubber on chain inspection window. Move the chain up and down and measure that distance. It should be around 10-12mm. Get it adjusted if other than that.

For Clutch Plate-

Do you notice reduction in Pickup, Fuel Efficiency of your Avenger?

Does the engine oil level drop at regular intervals?

Check the engine oil level as follows=

1.Park the bike on center stand on a level ground.

2.Allow the engine to cool down.

3.Observe the oil level through the inspection window.

If you don't notice drop in Pickup, Fuel Efficiency and also if the engine oil level remain at the maximum level, then don't replace Clutch Plates.

If not satisfied, reply me. I will try to help you.

ya u r ryte its smwata tickling type of noise..i ll change the chain but what ll happen if i didnt???

disk plate of front tyre i mean break disk of front tyre

ya i noticed that my top speed is degraded...1st is used to ride at 120kmph but now i barely touch 110kmph n at this speed i experince back jerk like smthing is repitatevely pushing me backword

how to check engine oil as there is no inspection window in avenger like pulsar

thnks 4 your repllay

Would all you guys with a GOD COMPLEX kindly refrain from writing in this stupid SMS language?

If you insist on doing so... kindly go feel like God elsewhere.

ya u r ryte its smwata tickling type of noise..i ll change the chain but what ll happen if i didnt???

disk plate of front tyre i mean break disk of front tyre

ya i noticed that my top speed is degraded...1st is used to ride at 120kmph but now i barely touch 110kmph n at this speed i experince back jerk like smthing is repitatevely pushing me backword

how to check engine oil as there is no inspection window in avenger like pulsar

thnks 4 your repllay

Timing Chain--

Does the ticking sound come only when idling or also when the bike is in motion?

My friend' Discover also faced ticking sound problem. He used to complain about poor pickup but Fuel Efficiency was 59kmpl.. He replaced the timing chain, but still complains about poor pickup. But the ticking sound vanished.

Front Disk Plate--

Did your bike face an accident?

What do you mean by dishaped?  Bent

If bent replace the disk plate.

For jerk--

Check whether breather hole of the fuel tank lid is clear from any dust.

Clean it. If air does not flow easily inside through breather hole, the fuel will not flow to carburettor easily and hence jerk is felt because petrol supply is not adequate to carburettor.

What is your bike's Fuel Efficiency?

Engine Oil Level--

Check Engine Oil Level as follows=

1.Park the bike on center stand on a level ground.

2.Allow the engine to cool down.

3.See if there is a dip stick on right side of engine as of in other bikes such as TVS, Hero Honda,etc.

4. Remove the dipstick by rotating anticlockwise. Clean the dipstick with clean dry cloth. Insert it back fully. Again remove it and check whether the oil level is within the two markings on the lower side of dipstick. It should be at the upper marking. If not, add engine oil (check which grade to use  20W40 or 20W50 or any other. It is given in owner's manual) slowly in small quantity (50-100ml). Allow this newly added oil to accumulate in the oil chamber. Again check oil level after 5-10 mins. as mentioned above. Don't let the level rise above upper marking- Its harmful for the engine as this excess oil will flow in the exhaust chamber.

If level is low, again add oil in small quantity and again check.

Reply me if any problem.

Can also contact me on +919420489984 (Maharashtra).

Sudeep.

hey man,same problem....my fathers' bajaj boxer has the same problem...he told that the whole set of piston and stuff has to be changed since the oil level was always low...but he has always maintained it properly...he says it needs reboring...the bike has done only 42k kms....pls help

hey man' date='same problem....my fathers' bajaj boxer has the same problem...he told that the whole set of piston and stuff has to be changed since the oil level was always low...but he has always maintained it properly...he says it needs reboring...the bike has done only 42k kms....pls help

[/quote']

You personally check engine oil as I mentioned in my last post. & let me know the rate at which the oil level drops(how many MLs for 100kms)?

hey designersf you are ryte....my bike undergone a lot of change like piston set +timing set n all = 8k

but now bike is running like water...havent yet tested it top speed but the person there told me to come for service after 500km and after that i can rub it as i can...

hi 

sudeepd

ya  as now my timing chain is changed so i not facing tickling sound...dont know about pick up coz havnt yet started rubbing its to limit

earlier i used to get 40+ dont know about the current

about disk plate i am again confused as some mechanic are telling me that its is bented n some are telling me its not..how to make sure its bented or not

n ya i ll make sure to check for the breather hole as per your advice..

hi 

sudeepd

ya  as now my timing chain is changed so i not facing tickling sound...dont know about pick up coz havnt yet started rubbing its to limit

earlier i used to get 40+ dont know about the current

about disk plate i am again confused as some mechanic are telling me that its is bented n some are telling me its not..how to make sure its bented or not

n ya i ll make sure to check for the breather hole as per your advice..

I asked about initial pickup. Does the bike pull easily from low speed? If it does, then pickup has improved.

You can check the fuel efficiency by measuring the distance from tank full to tank full (If you like). Fill petrol up to the neck of the tank and note down the odometer reading. Drive for 100-150kms and again fill petrol up to the neck and note the odometer reading again. Subtract the first reading from second and divide this answer by the amount of petrol required to full the tank second time.

Ask the mechanic on what basis he says the disk plate is bent?

Also you can observe yourself whether it is bent or not.

Hold the steering straight and lift the front tyre and rotate it. Observe from the front end of the bike whether the disk plate is bent (while still rotating the front tyre).

Do you feel that front disk force is not adequate means whether braking force from disk is good or not?

Also you did not mention whether you noticed oil level dropping at regular intervals. I don't think piston would have gone at 20000kms. My Fiero completed 60000+kms. It is still on its 1st set of piston and rings.

Anyways now you have replaced, what can be done?

sorry zavo if my sms lingo bothered you...i will try not to use it anymore..

Thanks..it's not just me that gets cheesed off.. it's a lot of people.. only difference is that most don't say anything.

Hope you find a solution to your problem