FuelRunGod

Swift Sedan (Dzire) Test Drive Report

True.

The petrol is a marvel in its own right.

Pity the engine is going to be discontinued' date=' from what is the talk in the forum. [/quote']

yeh.. really, its  gem of an engine..!!!!!

every good thing should be followed by better things...... Any way, the engine will be there for atlest 1, and when the Bharath- 4  emission standards come into effect, the engine will be replaced, hopefully, by a better engine. And, most of the engines, which are being fitted on todays cars will get replaced.....!!!!

if maruti had put in a little more effort and not just gave swift some extra length and worked on a true new look................... it would have sold and looked much better............................

imagine the car parked in your garage............ and people passing in front of it... half of them wouldn't even come to know if its dezire or the cheaper swift hatchback................

a little more change on the front side was seriously needed......

Ya true but adi for maruti they r nowadays sticked to one type of styling in every car which saves lots n lots of cost n help them to increase their margin n sale car with competitive pricing that too with good upper segment like safety features which again helps them to survive in competition even with similar/familiar looks... for developing all new car needs lots of cost n time ...   

Ya i was confused when i saw this forenza on suzukis global site n thought why its exactly like optra ....they must have contract with Gm so i think they cant sell same cars in one country coz i heard that theres some stake in suzuki by Gm or something like that

N dont worry in near future lots of more cars based on their favourite best selling swift ...either rear or front or interiors or atleast steering or gear knob would be like swift as this strategy for them have proved them right so the will surely continue it for good sales.....even many cars are not selling well like of hyundai many cars are not selling well but atleast they dare to come up with new product even if its not successful unlike maruti

http://www.suzukiauto.com/sr_07/forenza/

?

but suzuki already has so many models can't they put their styling..... check the link........... forenza with esteem engine would have been real good.....

?

looks like optra doesn't it

Development costs are not just the design, which anyways will need to be modified for India. It is also new tooling weld lines and what not.

Ya i was confused when i saw this forenza on suzukis global site n thought why its exactly like optra ....they must have contract with Gm so i think they cant sell same cars in one country coz i heard that theres some stake in suzuki by Gm or something like that

GM did have a 10% stake in Suzuki, which they sold back to Suzuki about 2 years back when they ran into cash problems.

N dont worry in near future lots of more cars based on their favourite best selling swift ...either rear or front or interiors or atleast steering or gear knob would be like swift as this strategy for them have proved them right so the will surely continue it for good sales.....even many cars are not selling well like of hyundai many cars are not selling well but atleast they dare to come up with new product even if its not successful unlike maruti

As a manufacturer, what would you rather be - daring or successful?!!!

Still we can say hyundai is no2 in india after maruti so even daring helps so i would be doing daring rather than producing same kind of products ..skoda did daring with fabia selling this at such a high premium n see its successful..honda dares with launching all new models even when their current ones are selling well

Still we can say hyundai is no2 in india after maruti so even daring helps so i would be doing daring rather than producing same kind of products ..skoda did daring with fabia selling this at such a high premium n see its successful..honda dares with launching all new models even when their current ones are selling well

All these statements are equally true for Maruti on date. It is just that it is stuck with an image of dodderiness thanks to years of flogging the same dead horses.

What has Honda done : Discontinued a model that was selling well, and replaced it with a new one. Would you not agree that the Esteem was selling in numbers that would have been the envy of many in the B segment, when it was discontinued? Or the Zen, the forum's favourite : Replaced when it was doing nearly 5000 a month, a figure that most cars can only dream of achieving.

Hyundai : Daring in product launch - Really? How many models have they launched in the past couple of years? The i10 is the only one that comes to mind. I am ignoring the low volume MUV segment.

Compare that with Maruti - Swift in 2005 is a bit old now. Then the Diesel, SX4, the Estilo, and a couple of face lifts and the last (not the least - Dzire). We hear the A-Star and the Splash is out some time this year.

Any of the above are the same kind of products? Me think not.

And I think MSIL cannot align its image with the selling of a car at a high premium.

Everybody hates a winner!!

U see splash n its like swift only the finishing ,colors n interiors n even front end is not exactly but somewhat similar...n maruti did phased out esteem this thing u cant compare with honda ...the esteem was oldest one n used dated technology n was really unsafe so u cant compare it with honda ... Esteem was for very long time right n i think half of period of esteems existence honda replaced its city with 2 minor n 2 major facelift n again one due this year n is same with all its cars   

N one more thing esteem is phased out right so what is its replacement the Dzire ..so whats new thing in it its a same swift with boot ...after this much running of esteem on indian roads still maruti didnt came with a car that is a new one or exclusive one ...

U see splash n its like swift only the finishing ' date='colors n interiors n even front end is not exactly but somewhat similar...n maruti did phased out esteem this thing u cant compare with honda ...the esteem was oldest one n used dated technology n was really unsafe so u cant compare it with honda ... Esteem was for very long time right n i think half of period of esteems existence honda replaced its city with 2 minor n 2 major facelift n again one due this year n is same with all its cars   [/quote']

I mentioned the Esteem since you talked about the Honda guys replacing well-selling models. The age of the model, or the levels of safety was not a point of contention.

Again, the Indian customer has accepted the Dzire as a model different from the Swift.

I agree that the replacement / facelift of a model is best when people ask why, and not why not. But the Honda time frames are a bit too short, if you ask my personal opinion. As a customer, it affects both my resale values, and also the fact that since the tooling is being amortized over lower number of cars, I am asked to pay more for the car than I would otherwise have had to.

As re the splash, it takes a fair stretch of imagination to say that it looks like the Swift. That would be like comparing the Alto and the Wag R. The Splash has more of the Tall Boy in it, and I am sure they are projecting totally different images.

N one more thing esteem is phased out right so what is its replacement the Dzire ..so whats new thing in it its a same swift with boot ...after this much running of esteem on indian roads still maruti didnt came with a car that is a new one or exclusive one ...

Like I said earlier, I think the Indian customer has accepted the Dzire as a model different from the Swift.

To replace a car which is at the bottom end of the B segment, you have to be very price - sensitive. I am sure the lower costs of the Dzire was enabled by the commonality with the Swift. And, they stand to make a decent profit per car, rather than selling at a loss for a long period of time.

With a 7 month waiting, Maruti is more than vindicated in their approach.

You can't argue with those numbers!!

yes indian customer accepted it and its VFm but still esteems replacement after long time could have been something special...and see the interiors of splash it remembers you of swift and see the front fairing by seeing that you can say that its from swift family....even see vitara from far distance you can see that its something like swift... 

and ya honda replaces in really very short time even when once we thought of civic we kept in mind that after new corolla also honda can replace this very soon coz when honda launches a new model it starts working on another model but still its resale of older models are as good as any other brands current models...so the main thing is that a resale which should affect the most on phased out models are failed to affect on honda phased out cars...Now thats HONDA...

and i know that the waiting is like anything on Dzire....but again its the pricing and less the product why sales are so much...U cant always say that a product which is selling like anything is a best one ya it can be good or bad but cant be best always...And sorry for multiple postings...

bluesapphire2008-05-03 05:08:47

and i know that the waiting is like anything on Dzire....but again its the pricing and less the product why sales are so much...U cant always say that a product which is selling like anything is a best one ya it can be good or bad but cant be best always...And sorry for multiple postings...

You are not right sir. Consumers are not blind that they will buy a bad product just because it is least expensive. Especially in high value items like cars. Price can be one of the factors but not the sole one. Dzire is selling because it is value for money...not least expensive. Plus there is always a reliability factor linked to Maruti Cars.