Sign in to follow this  
veerpartap

I need an Automatic Transmission car

Dear Fellow readers

I am considering of buying a car with automatic transmission. I need ABS and SRS Air bags in it. My budget is 5 lacs. As far as I know I think I have following options:

1.  Wagon R AT

2.  Santro Xing AT

3.  Wait till i10 Automatic comes out

Can you all there guide me through....I am not in hurry to buy it.  I live in (Jalandhar) Punjab state.

Question: When i10 automatic is coming? How much would it cost?

Your comments and help would be much appericiated

Veer

I think there has been a lot of discussion on this in other threads.

As for your choice go for either Hyundai product. The Maruti Automatic is prehistoric (3-speed against Hyundai's 4-speed). I am saying this as an ex owner of a Zen automatic (1999-2005) and a current owner of a Santro automatic.

sgiitk2008-03-18 09:53:33

Dear sgiitk

thanks for your quick reply. I tried to browse through this forum but couldnt see the Latest information regarding my question.

Are you saying Santro Automatic is better than Maruti products?

Thanks

Veer

Unfortunately, Automatic have not exactly set teh Ganges on fire. Not surprising since 'kitna deti hai', has a reply 20% below manuals. At the high end you have autos galore. However, at the budget end after the Santro/i10 and WagonR (at one time auto was an option in both Zen and Esteem) then next auto is the City!

No idea. One does expect the Santro and the i10 Auto's to have identical drive trains. I do not yet see the much touted replacement engine from Hyundai on the horizon any time soon. Also, please note that the Santro Auto used to be to order. If this state of affairs continues then you may have a wait of a month or so.

One other piece on information, Auto's do tend to wear out their brakes faster since there is no engine braking.

sgiitk2008-03-19 04:14:06

i10 auto will be here by around mid08(i think,correct if wrong.)...Either wait for i10 or go for santro..Overall hyundai products are much better than marutis and especially the auto of santro(When compared to Wagonr)...