FuelRunGod

SCOOP: Diesel CR-V Coming (With Spy Pics)

dcrv1ok2.jpg

dcrv2sk5.jpg

dcrv3io1.jpg

Yes, you heard it right. As spy shots suggest Honda is mulling over the introduction of a diesel powerplant in their CR-V. Honda till now had never provided a diesel and which frankly was the only drawback.

In a diesel crazy country like ours, a Honda+Diesel combination is sure to work well.

The engine expected is a 2.2 litre common rail turbo diesel (i-CTDi) producing 134bhp and 34.7kgm of torque. To keep prices in check, the CR-V will probably be stripped of some features and is expected to cost close to the fully loaded 2.4 petrol model.

FRG
FuelRunGod2008-03-24 16:30:23

Yeah! thats it but will it cope up with Indian fuel?

RSSH.. simple one word reply to your question... DETUNE

Like all the other manufacturer's in this country they'r going to spoil the fun even before it begins..

Cheers.

Oh boy!! This is sure gonna hot up the premium SUV market!!! I think even if they launch a relatively stripped down variant now, later they'll come up with a fully specced version once demand picks up.

Now, if only we get some decent SUVs at this side of  twelve lakhs smiley19.gif

i think that finally honda has started to use their brains which had been abandoned......no matter how fuel effiecient a honda engine is, the fact is petrol is quiet expensive compared to diesel and a suv should alwaysz be powered by a diesel engine......even if honda dont give the same features as in petrol variant (as being told by our friends) then also it will sell really well !!!!!!!!

Finally a Honda diesel!! Been waiting for a long time for that.

Hey is it a license plate in the second picture? with registration in UP (I know its in read and not white or yellow but still). If its a number plate, then can they register without the model actually being released?

Big scoop, FRG. I think this will fill the only chink in the Honda armour! The competition in the diesel SUV is going to hot up and I hope to see competition reducing prices.

@ Darklord: Sure they can register a car without it being released. Anyone can actually.

A big complaint about the CR-V is the mileage so the diesel should address that. the only other chink is the lack of third row of seats like Captiva. The way Indian families travel, extra seats are always welcome.

In the whole automobile industry if there is a company who stronlgy reflects competition is only HONDA...No company is as dynamic as this...After SX4 plans of new honda city and upgradation in current one and after captiva, Upcoming outlander,santa fe and preparing itself for fortuner...Honda is prepared to be in market with strong foothold...Fantastic...bravo..GO AHEAD GREAT HONDA..

I think honda should start manufacturing CR-V in India as it will bring the costs down and a lot more people would be able to buy it . In Thailand it is available from 9 to 10 lakhs