sudeepd

Advice on Pulsar Registration purchased in Bangalo

Hi friends,

My brother-in-law has a Pulsar 180 DTSi (LCD Speedometer) purchased in Bangalore on 13-07-2007.

He shifted from Bangalore to Pune. He transported all the furniture and bike to Pune by "Packers & Movers". He took NOC of Bike from Bangalore RTO but in the name of Solapur RTO(Maharashtra). Now he wants to get the bike re-registered at Solapur RTO. Is it necessary to take the bike physically at the Solapur RTO or only the papers can be taken to Solapur RTO and get the bike re-registered at the Salapur RTO? If traffic police catch while riding that bike and if I showed all the documents (Insurance Paper, Bangalore Registration Cetificate and NOC) to the traffic police, will I have to pay FINE (despite producing all the documents) as the bike is Bangalore registered and ridden in Pune?

1) Bike has to be taken physically to sholapur

2) Offcourse traffic cops are bound to stop you , try to convince them but make sure you get the registration done in sholapur within a months time from the date of geeting the NOC.

Hope this helps

The validity period of the NOC issued by RTO Bangalore is specified. Now within that deadline the bike has to be physically taken to the Solapur RTO office,for re-registration with all the documents. You will have to pay the road taxes as per Maharashtra laws and they will issue new taxation documents- now a days they issue smart cards( Rs 350=00 fee for the card only).

The validity period of the NOC issued by RTO Bangalore is specified. Now within that deadline the bike has to be physically taken to the Solapur RTO office' date='for re-registration with all the documents. You will have to pay the road taxes as per Maharashtra laws and they will issue new taxation documents- now a days they issue smart cards( Rs 350=00 fee for the card only).

[/quote']

The Bangalore RTO has not mentioned any deadline for NOC issued by it.

My brother-in-law took NOC in September 2007, but till date did not get the bike re-registered at Solapur.

As deadline is not mentioned on NOC, can someone tell me what is the validity period of NOC.

The Bike Need not be taken to the RTO. Get it done from an agent near the RTO.

And No, You do not have to pay a fine if you are riding the bike there. Just say you are in pune for two days on work and then you are Riding back. But be sure you have ALL papers in order.

As for the NOC, the Validity is usually around 3 months.

Normally if an RTO issues a NOC letter to another RTO the validity cannot exceed one year. I myself have done this when i took my Caliber from Pune to Chennai beacause of my transfer. Strange to notice that in this case no period of validity was provided, because in my case they did.

But i didn't get it re-registered in Chennai, so i came back to Pune and cancelled the NOC.

According to the MV Act, you can visit any state without getting a NOC for a period of 3 months.

By the way which RTO issued this NOC meaning KA-01, KA-51 etc? i know KA-51 are way too lazy.. they took about 3 months to issue a Registration Certificate Book.smiley7.gif
rugs_tachy2009-09-10 16:50:33

Friends,

Sorry for not updating you all that the bike has been Re-registered in Solapur (my brother-in-law had taken the NOC in favour of Solapur RTO-MH-13 from Bangalore RTO-KA-01) in June this year.

The Inspector inspected the bike.i.e I had to take the bike to the RTO for inspection whether the bike has been really transported to Solapur.

My brother-in-law had to pay fine of around Rs.1800-1900/- for not re-registering the bike in Solapur within 1 month of issue of NOC (NOC was issued on 20-09-07 by KA-01 and we registered this June).

The Road Tax was calculated as per 20-09-07 even if We re-registered in June this year.

The Road Tax came to be around 4600/-+ Fine for Late Registering around Rs.1800/- + additional RTO charges.sudeepd2009-09-21 09:12:35