FuelRunGod

Reliance To Shutdown Petrol Pumps

Just read in the papers today that Reliance is going to shut down all its petrol pumps because it can't compete with the highly subsidised rates being offered by government operators.

If their petrol pumps shut down, will their A1 Plazas remain? I hope they do, I found them to be quite useful on long trips. Decent food, good toilets and good facilities. I really hope they don't shut them down.

FRG

Ya A1 plazas should remain especially that Refresh which has fast foods there food is really good...I have seen A1 only in Hazira,SURAT & Vadodara-Ahmedabad expressway and somewhere in saurashtra..but are they outside Gujarat??

This will be a tragedy. On the highway Reliance was a place where you got good petrol with correct measurement. It appears that others like Essar, Shell, etc. may also shut down.

I do not see why the subsidy being given to the sarkari (IOC/IBP/HP/BP) mafia cannot be extended to the private operators as well. The loss of A1 Plaza's which appears inevitable will also be really bad. 

I would and often did. In fact I never passed a reliance pump if my tank was less that 50% full without using their services. Highway pumps are notorious for both adulteration and under-measurement. Also, Reliance petrol was Premium and not regular. 

its realy bad. govt must provide some subsidery to pvt operators.reliance is giving good quality petrol.also provides other facilities at the pumps on highway.

yes if the govt can extend its subsidies to Reliance, it will make the highway travelling better, anyways the PSUs were not able to take correct measures on their dealers.

Reliance has to shut down the outltets through which the company can achieve better profits though their topline will go down.

Reliance will also retain the outlets which were originally owned by its dealers and the ownership will be transferred back to the dealers!

Yes we will for sure miss the A1 Plazas. Even the retailers of brand Reliance were recently up in arms against the management citing losses, as folks preferred public sector fuel that is cheaper. Its sad that Reliance had to take this decision to wind up.

Reliance I understand were also setting up a brilliant deal with the Truck Fleet Owners. Some sort of centralized billing and payment. This would reduce the amount of cash the driver will have to carry, ensure that the amount of diesel stated was actually put into the tank, and that it was of good quality. Also, they had low cost arrangements for food, toilets, etc. for the truckers. Now all this goes out of the window,

Tha same issue is going on with Shell Fuel's in Bangalore. You know a litre of petrol costs59rs in Bangalore in all shell bunks.

Even though they provide quality fuel and service, people are opting for other fuel pumps due to high costs.

Obviously nobody will go to all these pumps..nowadays fuel costs are touching the sky so in this type of increasing price market where fuel is already expensive who will go for a more expensive one...They hav to do losses..nothing else no other way..

I would happily pay a realistic price for petrol, than get the subsidized stuff for which I am probably paying twice as much as the subsidy in taxes to make it up. remember every penny of subsidy has to be made up in taxes,a nd given the efficiency of our system may be even 2x is an underestimate.

I would happily pay a realistic price for petrol' date=' than get the subsidized stuff for which I am probably paying twice as much as the subsidy in taxes to make it up. remember every penny of subsidy has to be made up in taxes,a nd given the efficiency of our system may be even 2x is an underestimate. [/quote']

????,,,,,, can't reliance petrol pumps do mixing?
adi19912008-05-06 19:53:30