325i

Swift DZire launched from Rs 4.49 lakh

Here is the press release from Maruti on the Swift DZire and the prices. Will it shake up the entry level saloon segment?

Swift DZire set to create excitement in entry sedan segment<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />New Delhi, March 26, 2008: Car market leader Maruti Suzuki today unveiled the much awaited Swift DZire.

Like the earlier Maruti Suzuki models, Swift and SX4, the DZire too is set to redefine the market and stir excitement in the entry level sedan segment.

The DZire, which comes both in diesel and petrol engines, offers luxury feature options like integrated stereo, steering mounted audio controls, automatic climate control and power windows. It also comes with safety features like Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD, collapsible steering column and an i-CATS anti-theft facility. Many of these features are being offered for the first time in this segment.

Managing Director of Maruti Suzuki, S Nakanishi said:

Hi Ed.,smiley1.gif

The pricing is really aggressive and it has to be seen where would this leave Logan and Indigo (of course they offer more space and comfort...but u never know).

One worthy challenger for this would be the revamped Ikon (as per your reports) especially if it comes with the 1.4 TDCi engine. In my opinion, it still looks better than the Dzire and is a well integrated design.

Real scary price tags for the other lower end 3-box manufacturers!!

absolutely right and they have got two absolutely rocking engines......and @ 5.35 lacs (diesel) it is in direct competition with tata indigo dicor....given the refinement levels of fiat diesel engine my say existing tata indigo dicor is finished with the killer price maruti has come with.....i am not comparing it with logan which in excess of 6 lacs is no match for this value for money dzire....just wait for the year end when new indica and indigo will be launched with fiats engine....then things will hot up.....but as of now maruti is first again with rocking engines in its ugly duckling (my point of view)dzire.....gone are the days of logan!!!smiley1.gif

not that good car but still pricing is fantastic...But can anyone tell me that is this having same comfort as swift or better as swift is not having good rear comfort...Esteem was really good for comfort..

not that good car but still pricing is fantastic...But can anyone tell me that is this having same comfort as swift or better as swift is not having good rear comfort...Esteem was really good for comfort..

i own an esteem and trust me its rear seats are cramped and uncomfortable for long journey...i bought it just for its driving  pleasure and vfm it offers in terms of mileage and low maintenance. and features like ht. adjustable seats , rear demister n stuff.....boot gives me flexibility to take along stuff...my family prefers to go in indigo when we all have to go together...

coming back to swift dzire rear seats are bit inclined compared to swift hatch in which its almost at ninety degrees....rear leg room is same as that of swift but more room for passengers at corners in rear seats which was missing in swift....its comfort levels are going to be almost same as that of hatch

ya ikon with TDCI can be great...but what about if accent gle comes with 110bhp crdi with price tag of 5.55-5.80 ex-showroom....nowadays they have even added wooden trim and that too glossy finish which looks awesome...saw it today only with that interiors... overall car is really worth...

Rather than getz crdi hyundai could have done this with Accent gle with same price or considerably more ...i think it would have rocked....that cars looks even fresh today and is much better than ikon..previously accent crdi was expensive but i think now i would not had been that much expensive(acc. to me)...

Source Rediffnews

More Dzire for us here

27maruti1.jpg

27maruti2.jpg

27maruti4.jpg

27maruti5.jpgMarch 27, 2008

The launch audio-visual of the Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire,

the car that will replace the Esteem in the company's stable, shows

Managing Director Shinzo Nakanishi handing over the keys of a new car

to a couple.What was till then a clear video suddenly

transforms into a mix of quick cuts and hideous wide-angled shots as

the car is showcased from different angles. Every effort has been made

to impress upon the viewer that it is a big car -- a sedan -- that he

is seeing.When the car is unveiled, you realise that what you see in the promo is not what you really get.If you are one of those who fume at motorcycle

manufacturers for passing off a sticker and graphics job as an upgrade,

then this car is not for you. If you are one of those who fumed at Tata

when the Indica grew a boot and became Indigo, then this car is not for

you.But if you are one of those for whom

owning a sedan means more than owning a hatchback -- if it means a

lifestyle change -- then you definitely need to take a look at the

DZire.Because the company is thinking of

people just like you. "The DZire has a special place in our product

strategy. Millions of Indians own compact cars. With growing incomes

and better lifestyle, many of them want to upgrade to a sedan. But

today, they are unable to find an entry level sedan that offers style,

features and performance. The DZire offers all this at an attractive

price," Nakanishi said.Though there is no change to the Swift barring

the boot -- albeit well-designed, easy on the eye and light (its just

30 kg heavier than the Swift) - but the car definitely looks better

than the other two entry-level sedans in the market -- the Mahindra

Renault Logan and the Tata Indigo CS.The low-end and high-end petrol

versions of the Swift DZire cost Rs 4.7 lakh and Rs 6.11 lakh, while

for the diesel versions of the car, you will have to shell out Rs 5.6

lakh and Rs 6.91 lakh, respectively.The low-end version of the Indigo CS is priced at Rs 3.80 lakh, while that of the Logan costs Rs 4.20 lakh.n the next few weeks, the company is likely to

raise the price of the DZire to offset high input costs. "The company

is likely to revise the introductory prices in the next few weeks due

to high cost of raw materials, but nothing has been decided so far,"

Nakanishi said. "Prices of not only steel, but aluminium copper are

rising and it is affecting the margins of car makers," he said."With the high cost of manufacturing prices, we may have to revise the introductory prices in the next few weeks," he said.The interest rates are high, financing

is difficult, raw material costs are going up and the Sensex is

bearish, in such a situation one has to find some alternative to

sustain, he said. "The company aims to cut costs and increase the

volume productivity to take advantage of economies of scale," he added.

The company will produce from its

Manesar plant which also produces the hatchback version of Swift. The

company said that to meet the increasing demand for its diesel cars, it

would increase its capacity to 1.7 lakh units from one lakh units by

the end of the month. Maruti would raise capacity at Manesar to 3 lakh

units by 2010.

Where the company has done a good job is with the

interiors and the features. For starters, the rear seats are just a bit

wider than what they are on the Swift. With three people of average

people tried sitting in the rear and it was not to cramped. They have

also increased the recline of the rear seat by five degrees for better

comfort.The top end version boasts integrated

stereo, steering mounted audi controls, automatic climate controls,

multi-functional display and tilt steering.The safety features include dual

front airbags, collapsible steering column, seat belts with

pre-tensioners and force limiter. The car also comes with Antilock

Brakes with brake assist, electronic brake force distribution and

ventilated disc brakes.

Comments by Yours Truly: The facts are all nice to go through but the statement "With the high cost of manufacturing prices, we may have to revise the introductory prices in the next few weeks" is not at all palatable.MSIL thinks that it is invincible -maybe it will have to bow down and cut the prices when the competition heats up!

Comments by Yours Truly: The facts are all nice to go through but the statement "With the high cost of manufacturing prices, we may have to revise the introductory prices in the next few weeks" is not at all palatable.MSIL thinks that it is invincible -maybe it will have to bow down and cut the prices when the competition heats up!

It is a strategy they have been using to great effect for quite some time now!!

Pricing is fine. But man!!...on road price reaches far too high...I bought Swift DZire Vdi today...it was supposed to be of Rs 5,93,000 but after adding accessories and alloys it reached Rs6,66,000.

But still I am satisfied with car so far...although its 1 day only. I will keep postd o its performance as I explore

Congrats on road price soars in Mumbai due to octari and stuff. Also the ex-showroom here is more. Banglore can be said the hell price of cars .I am angry wil Delhi pricing give them some tough Octari then see the pollution level come down .Read this Union govt.