325i

Swift DZire launched from Rs 4.49 lakh

The Dzire looks like a minotaur with a paunch. The front and the rear are so disconnected. The blacked out A and B pillars don't go with the saloon at all. They launched the ugly facelifted zen first and now they have messed up completely with this design. The photoshopped, stretched swift look better. Doesn't everybody agree that the tail lamps that first came with the swift look better than those ugly looking transparent tail-lamps they've introduced in the new swifts? Exposed glass bulbs through a transparent casing at the rear makes the car look cheap. How about hiding the bulbs with a prismatic lens in the front?

But, it looks better than a logan, ikon or an indigo (and is safer too).

The Dzire looks like a minotaur with a paunch. The front and the rear are so disconnected. The blacked out A and B pillars don't go with the saloon at all. They launched the ugly facelifted zen first and now they have messed up completely with this design. The photoshopped' date=' stretched swift look better. Doesn't everybody agree that the tail lamps that first came with the swift look better than those ugly looking transparent tail-lamps they've introduced in the new swifts? Exposed glass bulbs through a transparent casing at the rear makes the car look cheap. How about hiding the bulbs with a prismatic lens in the front?
 But, it looks better than a logan, ikon or an indigo (and is safer too).

[/quote']

And that is the competition!!

i found logan better than this...the front looks are good, rear is what about ok but atleast it looks like a balanced car,has good shape and comfort is unbeatable and i think the diesel of logan is not too far behind in refinement..

Likes and dislikes, especially in the case of a auto body shape, are purely personal choices, but if I may say so, you are one of the few persons I know who has found the Logan good looking!!

atleast it has balanced shape man..i agree that its not good from rear but i liked it from front and side...and finishing of topend model in black and maroon color is really good...it can be called true sedan coz of its comforts.. 

thnx for ur wishes guys!!....well 2day I tuk dZire to highway nd was amazed to see its performance...it touched 140 with AC within a few seconds and dat too widout vibrating at all....its luks are gr8!!..i dnt know why some ppl r disagreeing on it...it luks lik sporty compact car frm side and rear end is also sporty...i wil upload some pics tomorrow

I agree. I have seen that many people try to force their negative opinions on others. I personally have liked the car and its looks and i have read that dzire has received tremendous response in terms of bookings. Which goes to prove that most people have liked the car.

I agree. I have seen that many people try to force their negative opinions on others. I personally have liked the car and its looks and i have read that dzire has received tremendous response in terms of bookings. Which goes to prove that most people have liked the car.

how car looks from outside becomes irrelevant after some time when you get used to it and see it more often....but how it feels from inside goes a long way in deciding the car...according to me swift hatchback or dzire has one of the best driving positions....i like the dash board....what i  dont like is cramped rear seats...else with petrol and diesel engines it rocks....good to see 1.3 petrol engines competing with 1.6 engines of logan and 1.4 ltr engines of fiesta and aveo...

I saw 13 Dzires in the island city with in 45min drive .Beat that !!! Its selling like even I don't know .But only concern is that the lower spec models should have been given atleast 175/75R14 the 165/70R14 look odd at the faat ass.

You are right.

Fact is, the car is an attention grabber.

That is why you end up counting them!!

Kudos to Maruti for coming up with a nice replacement for the Esteem!!

I think the high numbers in the first month was mainly since the production would have been going on for maybe a month before launch. They will not be able to produce so many every month.

Still an automobile manufacturers dream : demand exceeding production !!

Logan had already reduced much price when Indigo sales made the petrol dead.

I always felt that reducing the price of a car due to sales being hit by a new entrant is the best way to kill the car!!