rugs_tachy

Best Sedan for Rs 6 Lacs

Hi Forum Members. My Friend is looking out for a Sedan. He is looking for a car within Rs 6 Lacs Budget (On Road). Preferably a Diesel Car.

His Criteria's are:

1) Styling

2) Good Pick Up & Mileage

3) Good Interior Space & Boot

4) Low Maintainence

He has had a look at the Indigo CS LS Model, Although he is not very happy with the initial pick up i.e. in the first and the 2nd gears. He felt the rest of the things are fine in this model.

I thought incase you guyz can provide some more models which can fit in this range/criteria's and also your comments/suggesstions for the Indigo CS.

hi.. if you can extend your budget you can get a aveo 1.4 base model or fiesta 1.4 model.. the onroad price of aveo base model is 650000 without discounts and fiesta on road price is also around 650000..

Since 'Styling' is the first in your list, am a little skeptic about the Dezire. That said, I don't know of the other alternatives, so am hoping someone else might add a few cars around the 6 lakh range.

Also can you include the approximate distance that will be covered in a month? Many of us would want a diesel but may not run the car enough to make it a worthwhile choice.

Hi Forum Members. My Friend is looking out for a Sedan. He is looking for a car within Rs 6 Lacs Budget (On Road). Preferably a Diesel Car.

His Criteria's are:

1) Styling

2) Good Pick Up & Mileage

3) Good Interior Space & Boot

4) Low Maintainence

He has had a look at the Indigo CS LS Model' date=' Although he is not very happy with the initial pick up i.e. in the first and the 2nd gears. He felt the rest of the things are fine in this model.

I thought incase you guyz can provide some more models which can fit in this range/criteria's and also your comments/suggesstions for the Indigo CS.
[/quote']

Indigo CS is total value for money car with 4.5 lacs on road price diesel rocks....its the cheapest sedan in the world and with little modification in terms of tyres and alloys looks awesome(acc. to me)

i would rate it as 3/5 in terms of styling, 2.5/5 in terms of pickup,4/5 in terms of mileage, 3/5 interms of low maintenance, 4/5 in terms of space and leg room...

new swift dzire base model @ Rs 5.39 lacs + insurance and acc. = Rs 5.6 lacs with fiat engine absolutely rocks in terms of refinement and mileage.

i would rate it as 3/5 in terms of styling, 4/5 in terms of pickup, 5/5 in terms of mileage, 4/5 in terms of maintenance, 3.5/5 in terms of leg space and leg room......but its 1 lac more than in indigo cs...my take swift dzire only for its engine nothing else

The Dzire is will be good for the 6 lakh' date=' but if he can go up on cost, the tata grande is also good since i took a test drive. The cost is about 7.84 lakh ex- showroom. http://talkingabouttorque.wordpress.com/ [/quote']

another two lacs and he can own scorpio m-hawk....whats wrong with you? he is simply asking SEDAN with in 6 lac range and you are suggesting him  M.U.Vsumo grandesmiley7.gif.....if you want to share your t.d exp. please do it in sumo grande post...

Unfortunately there is no "decent" diesel sedan for 6 lakhs. There is the Indigo which is spacious, comfortable and cheap to buy and run but is hugely unreliable and is as crude as a dinosaur. Then is the ""Dzire"" which is plain ugly, has hardly any space to be called a 'true sedan' (i think the boot is bigger than the rear seat smiley36.gif) but has got a gem of an engine, is reliable and is backed by Maruti.

If ur friend can live with lack of refinement and niggling problems, then the Indigo is a better bet(simply because it is a true sedan and not a pretender). If he can stretch his budget then nothing can beat the Logan. Else he is stuck with the Dzire smiley18.gif.

Just to give another option, if he is ok with a petrol he can check out the Logan and the Accent. smiley1.gif

I despise the dzire. The name firstly reminds me people who have this habit of using Zs excessively in internet chat rooms. Wazzup? I wuz at the maruti shwroom today nd I luved the dzire!! Da Dzire has a nice bottom. It helpz me carry large bagz and suitcases. Bcoz itz huge I love it.

It's worth investing in an Indigo though. It's cheaper than a Sybian and rest assured it will vibrate hard when revved above 3000 rpm.

smiley2.gif

Zurely you zest!!

Me too totally agree that the name is crappy.

They could even have continued the brand name of Esteem, since Maruti seems to be in a habit of doing it (Estilo!!).

hi everybody, this is rakesh working with Reliance communications, India...smiley5.gifwhats wrong with Cheverolet 1.4 LS Special Edition ??   I want to purchase this inspite of the presence of Ford Fiests EXI and Honda City Zxi exi all 1.4 as I found all the good features. Is there any drawback of this car?? awaiting yr reply

buy a indigo cs and your friend will cry all his life as to why he bought that trash !!! according to me either buy a logan or swift dzire and surely the styling of both these cars is genrations ahead than indigo cs !!!!

pls go for the dzire diesel. tatas are never known for their reliability.

yes, but if u want lots of space in the cabin, u have no other choice than the indigo CS.

but if u can live with a petrol, the logan is the best bet at this price.