psk_patil

urgent help.ford fiesta

i have a ford fiesta 1.4tdci.2006 model.the car has clocked 47000kms.the car vibrates when the speed  goes  above 100kms.i have done wheel alingemet as well as balancing.

also the milege meter which shows how much the car can cover after filling up the tank does not go above 560kms.the average has also dropped to15kpl on highway.

Check your lower arm's and ball joint's.. these are two of the major culprits.

Check your all your filter's..

If nothing works.. get rid of the car..;)

Does your car have aftermarket alloys by any chance?

The mileage meter isn't very accurate so don't always go by its reading. As far as fuel efficiency is concerned, I agree with Zavo, get all the filters checked or replaced if bad.

FRG

Have Air Filter cleaned (or replace according to the condition of the filter), Replace the fuel filter, Check Engine Oil level -Top up if required(Replace if the vehicle is used for frequent shorter distance traveling <5-10kms or frequent idling), Check the Coolant level-Top up if required(Replace if more than 40,000kms old), Check whether the brakes are dragging, Check the wheel bearings.

Also switch to another fuel station (Fill diesel from another reputed fuel station).

Don't ride clutch. Instead shift to lower gear.

Don't drive in lower gear for too long

Don't shift (up shift or down shift) every now and then.

Take judgement of traffic ahead and instead of banging on brakes at signals, just ease on acceleration.

Check tyre pressure every week and especially only when the tyres are cold..

Keep 2-3 psi more than manufacturer's recommendation.

Sorry I want to correct above post that

You have to replace the Engine Oil at less than manufacturer's recommendation if the vehicle is used for frequent shorter distance traveling <5-10kms or frequent idling.

the car came back from servicing.the company says the average is low due to high speed driving..if the car is used within the prescribed speed limits then the average will suerly go up..no fault was found in the engine...

the car had gone through a huge pothole wich lead to puncture in 2 tyres....this may have damaged the alloys..if there was any damage in the suspention the company would have had informed me...

but if the alloys had got damaged then it shud had been detected in the wheel alingment..tomorow i have to again take the car to the company for some check up they r gona do so will tell them the problem there...

the car had gone through a huge pothole wich lead to puncture in 2 tyres....this may have damaged the alloys..if there was any damage in the suspention the company would have had informed me...

but if the alloys had got damaged then it shud had been detected in the wheel alingment..tomorow i have to again take the car to the company for some check up they r gona do so will tell them the problem there...

Damage alloys and wheel alignment has nothing to with one another.

Wheel Alignment is done at suspension end. If the alloys are damaged you may (or may not) come to know by Balancing the wheels.

Balancing is done by removing the wheel from vehicle and the wheel is rotated on a Wheel Balancing Machine and checked that the weight distribution is similar around the circumference of the wheel.

As you say the vehicle vibrates, it should be Balancing Problem. Have the tyre(s) balanced properly at good Balancing center and see whether theres improvement.

Is there any uneven wear on the tyre(s)?

If its alignment problem, the tyre will wear uneven at the inner or outer edge of the tread.

If its suspension problem, you will see mountains on the edges of the tread (the wear is in form of small mountains)

Hai I am a mechanical enginner, I will try to answer in detailly. Can i know first what is your driving pattern.Dont be silly in changing a good car which is known for its good Mileage and driveabilty.

Give the car to a dealer and ask him to diagnose ther problem.The poor perfoamce in the vehicle can be due to a possible turbo charger problem due to poor Quality fuel. Do you have done all your regular service well, and have you replace your fuel filter according to service recommendations. Mileage factor going down has n number of reason. Starting from your driving habit(ex with AC/Withoyt AC,Driving in high altitude conditions,Driving against wind,Lamps on,Tire wear, uneven road surface,Frequent gear change)

Environment:Driving in cold conditions is differrnt from driving in sunny conditions (Tank level fuel may evaporate)

Vehicle conditions:check for the suspension,Tie rod,Tire pressure,Check wheel balancing,Check for the low pressure line for any blocakages.

Go to a renowned dealer , he will fis the problem. I have been informed from my friend and most of my relative that its clocking a very good mileage and it is really pleasuyre car to drive rather than Accent,o Hyundai verfns in Sub B Segment.

Be cool man, go for a delaer.Its a mechanical sytem subject to wear and tear similar to our Body system which too some time gives us a problem even we do every thing perfect.

sorry i couldnt answer..i had gone out of town...this time the average has incresed to 19kpl..i think the car needed to be serviced the milege meter also shows an increase in the distance wich the car can cover to a whooping 720kms...

the steering vibrates above 100kms...

sorry i couldnt answer..i had gone out of town...this time the average has incresed to 19kpl..i think the car needed to be serviced the milege meter also shows an increase in the distance wich the car can cover to a whooping 720kms...

the steering vibrates above 100kms...

Good Mileage. But with or without A/C?

For vibration in steering above 100kmph, have balancing done on four tyres. And yes please check the tyre pressure (the COLD TYRE PRESSURE) before balancing.