Itsme

Small car ? ? ? ?

A new member here but been reading car magazines since auto india - 15 years ago. Later been a autocar india enthusiast. Want to buy a small car for city use in 3.5 lac budget - i10 era, spark ls , alto lxi or estilo lxi ? Own a accent viva Crdi currently - its quite refined. Will do 300 - 400 kms a month. Chevy service , estilo -  product, alto size and i10 reliability are issues i think.smiley5.gif

A new member here but been reading car magazines since auto india - 15 years ago. Later been a autocar india enthusiast. Want to buy a small car for city use in 3.5 lac budget - i10 era' date=' spark ls , alto lxi or estilo lxi ? Own a accent viva Crdi currently - its quite refined. Will do 300 - 400 kms a month. Chevy service , estilo -  product, alto size and i10 reliability are issues i think.smiley5.gif

[/quote']

Depends on what you have in mind: Small car for small money:800, Alto, Santro,Wagon R,Spark, Small car for medium money:i10,Swift and Getz, Aveo-UVA, small car for big money, Fabia and  Chevy SRV, Small car for megabucks...Fiat 500 and Grande Punto. Big small car for small money:Palio, Indica...<phew> I think I got it all covered...We are sure spoilt for choice aren't we.

Folks you are forgetting the original query. "3.5 lacs, possible list -  i10 era, spark ls , alto lxi or estilo lxi ? Owns a accent viva Crdi. Will do 300 - 400 kms a month."

300-400km per month a diesel, even if available goes out of the window.

I would look at the i10 and (maybe) the Spark. Alto L** is grossly grossly underpowered, Estilo is a caricature (of the original and brilliant Zen) with a 4/3*M800 engine replacing the Aluminium beauty.

IMHO your best (and arguably the only proper) option is an i10 as many have posted in this thread. If you want to save a few bucks go for the Santro.

I am not familiar with the i10 model nomenclature, but in general the bottom model of the range (often there just to get the customer into the shop) is too stripped down, and the top too expensive. The best value for money is almost invariably the second top model.

i 10 is your best bet.

It is spacious,fun to drive,decent mileage and top of that Hyundai service which you must have god experience of.

spark is OK but I personally find it's interior a bit low in comparision and Chevy gives only 3 yrs warranty whereas in Hyundai,u can extend it to 4 yrs.

Believe me,it helps !