Abhi7912

Build your Tata Nano

hi

guys

i just found this feature on the tata nano website where you can build your nano.

the available features are

STANDARD VERSION :

COLORS : Racing Red, Lime Yellow, ivory white and              

ink blue

FEATURES AVAILABLE : Single color interior, two spoke steering wheel, vinyl trimmed seats

LUXURY VERSION :   

COLORS AVAILABLE :apple green, lunar silver, lava gray, ivory white, lagoon blue.   

FEATURES AVAILABLE : body color bumpers, styled steel wheels, fog lamps, central locking, power windows, A/C, dual color interior, 3 spoke steering wheel, fabric trimmed seats.

OPTIONAL EXTRAS      : 4 types of scoops are available, 6 types of Decals , 4 types of alloy wheels, 2 types of seat covers

LINK : http://tatanano.inservices.tatamotors.com/tatamotors/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=182&Itemid=203

MODS : i this is already posted pls delete it. i could not find any other posts on this.

I respect Tata as an organization, but I think they are capable of putting Indica plastics in Jags and Land Rovers. And the newer Jags may probably share platforms with the new Indica, Indigo or IndiXXX. Just hope that the pun loving person who loves prefixing the Indi word for every model doesn't do that for the Jags or the Land rovers.

Or how about Jaguar XXL or Land Rover Grande-CS (CS = cart sprung)

smiley2.gif 

With what I hear, and what I have seen or known of the British Unions JLR should be reasonably safe from unnecessary meddling for a few years. We must not forget that the Tata's also run Taj Hotels known for their excellence. So the luxury end is also well known to them. I can see Tata putting some of their cost management into JLR (I will be surprised if Tata compromises on quality). Remember according to some analysts Jag's problems started when Ford tried to use the Mondeo platform for the Jag. They will learn from this mistake of Ford.

What I am sure about is the technological upgradation of the Sumo-Safari family in the not too distant future,  with possibly some new higher end models.

Both J and LR suffer from quality issues, that is why you see the Aussie Outback almost exclusively populated with the Land Cruiser. A breakdown may mean your life there. Jags are known to be excellent, but temperamental. The latter will just not do today.

See what has happened with Tata-Corus. First Tata went and streamlined production and cost management in Corus. Now they are getting best management and QC practices from Corus in Tata Steel. As someone put it - First they made Corus Tata, now they are busy making Tata Corus.

I respect Tata as an organization' date=' but I think they are capable of putting Indica plastics in Jags and Land Rovers. And the newer Jags may probably share platforms with the new Indica, Indigo or IndiXXX. Just hope that the pun loving person who loves prefixing the Indi word for every model doesn't do that for the Jags or the Land rovers.
Or how about Jaguar XXL or Land Rover Grande-CS (CS = cart sprung)
smiley2.gif  [/quote']

I am more optimistic. I see more of reverse flow. maybe jag patform will be used by tata to offer higer end products with obvious cost benifit in India. JLR technology swiftly coming into tata range. See the example of how daewoo trucks acquisition has helped tata trucks!!

Okay important point last few posts inclusing my don't seem to have anything to do with the topic "Build your Tata Nano" smiley36.gif 

completly agree with you...with this deal they are surely gonna improve...but the thing is price its isnt that they cant improve they can improve but they wanna stick to low price..but still quality should be increase to some extent if not more...

completly agree with you VTECGUY...with this deal they are surely gonna improve...but the thing is price its isnt that they cant improve they can improve but they wanna stick to low price..but still quality should be increase to some extent if not more...