Yes, you can, but you will face severe road noise problems as you will have to fit low profile tyres, as for the size, you will have to check with the dealers, i have seen people getting their Getz fitted with tyre size upto 205.

Hi !

I have a Getz GLs .

Can I upgrade to 15" alloys...any "side effects" ? smiley2.gif

What size tubeless should I go with?

You have not metioned the stock tyre size.

Anyways as per ACI Buyers Guide, the tyre size is 155/80R13.

Means the tyre diameter will be 155*0.80+155*0.80+13*25.4=124+124+330.2=578.2mm

You may upgrade to Getz GLX 175/65R14 =175*0.65+175*0.65+14*25.4=113.75+113.75+355.6=583.1mm

But this tyre does not have thick sidewall, which can affect the ride comfort and the suspension will also worn out fast.

The 165/70 may give you false odometer reading as the overall diameter of the tyre increases by 8mm.See below

165*0.70+165*0.70+14*25.4=115.5+115.5+355.6=586.1mm

Now you decide what you want ride comfort or grip.

If you put 175/65R14 tyres, you will have to drive slowly over rough roads and speed breakers.

You will have to keep overall diameter of the tyre as near to the stock size as possible to avoid false odometer readings.

A 15 inch alloy would most certainly mean that you are going to use wider tyres. With the same rolling radius it would mean that you need to go for low profile tyres. i.e., lower sidewall height.

While that will mean better performance (not including mileage!!) and handling, it will also mean that your oh-so-costly ally wheel is closer to the road, and with the mean potholes that you can encounter, you are un-necessarily inviting rim damage.

Your call though.

The car would look cool!!

I think we had extensive discussions on upsizing, alloys etc. in quite a few threads. So why not merge them into a single or two threads  UPSIZING & ALLOYS or the two separate.

@FRG I know I am becoming a bit of a bore on advising merging of threads.

@FRG I know I am becoming a bit of a bore on advising merging of threads.

COMPLETELY OFFTOPIC!!!

You said it brother not me..smiley2.gif
SG.. you fishing for a mod status???smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Don't go for 15" as you will regret go for 185/60R14 one. Also excessive wide bulging out tyre will make your suspension dead. Don't go beyond this .

Yes you can do 15" . I would recommend that you stick to the original diametre of the wheel / tyre combo as much as you can, as sudeepd has mentioned. And for our Indian roads the safe aspect ratio should be 60 or maximum 55.

SO if you car has 155/80 r13 the right upsize would be 175/60 r15 which I think is a difficult size to get in the market or 195/55 r15 which may be a little too wide. Or change to 14" and use 185/60 r14 tyres.

If everything is installed well and qualtiy of the alloys are decent there should not be any problems otherwise there will be vibrations, excessive tyre wear, etc.

Yes' date=' you can, but you will face severe road noise problems as you will have to fit low profile tyres[/quote']

Please do not generalise, not all low profile tyres are noisy and not all tall profile tyres are quiet!

That is an overwhelming response and very fast too and you guys totally cleared my doubt...I am going for 185/60 R 14 now.

Thanks for all the help !smiley20.gif

Post the pic of the alloy wheel chosensmiley17.gif