Itsme

Maruti SX4 future ?

Not a perfect comparison' date=' but the Dzire and the SX4 will be like the City and the Accord. Different segments, and may not cannibalize each others sales.
The diesel will hit the existing diesel models.
[/quote']

I agree. You have given the right example. Dzire is for a guy who wants to upgrade from a hatchback or a compact car, not for someone who is already driving a high end sedan.

Dzire is for people who wants status as a sedan and who needs big boot at lower price...nothing else....

I would say a Swift would give u much more snob value (if it can be called that) than a Swift DZIRE anyday.....

And coming back to the topic, i don't think SX4 sales is going to be affected by the Diesel Dzire. Before the Dzire came there were already competent diesels like Fiesta, Verna and the Logan and still SX4 has held on to its position. Also, ppl who buy the Dzire and the SX4 will be completely different lot....

Yeah! I want that lovely blue colour in swift too .Ok mail maruti udyog they will contact you by call I tried they said they were planning to do it in 2 months.

I am sure Maruti is losing money on every Vitara they sell, and if so, they will not be too keen on pushing its sales!!

From what I hear, Maruti is happy with about 150~200 sales a month, but I am not sure whether they are getting there.

Wait till the new city arrives. Should affect SX4 sales like crazy. People don't mind paying a premium for freshness and quality and if we've noticed, the i10 is selling well despite of being pricier and Laura outsells the Octavia. People mostly buy car on EMIs and speaking on a monthly basis, you'd be paying an extra grand a month for a better product, which is affordable.

Unless maruti introduces a diesel and eliminates body rattle....the sx4 is in for trouble.

Also interesting thought is that all are expecting "TOO much" from new City & no one knows what it looks like.

Playing devils advocate what if the same fails to fire??

SX4 for now seems to have a edge in context of acceptability in market backed with package by the name of MARUTI

MARUTI now seems to be concentrating on the ASTAR and the SPLASH to retain its small car market share threatened by the NANO. I think it must make more variants, upgrades on its other models also cos they really have the potential. The SX4 which if ignored may soon turn out to become another BALENO. MARUTI must make considerable changes as HONDA does to give the SX4 a fresh appeal to beat the new CITY.

Also interesting thought is that all are expecting "TOO much" from new City & no one knows what it looks like.

Playing devils advocate what if the same fails to fire??

SX4 for now seems to have a edge in context of acceptability in market backed with package by the name of MARUTI
but i think honda is surely gonna give product better than competitors..they are in market for many years and had never fail in lauching new models and their models have always remained king in their resp. segments ...