vivek bhola

Can ABS be fitted in Hyundai Accent GLE??

I have a Hyundai Accent GLE without ABS April 2007 model.

Due to its pathetic braking power, I want to get the much desired Anti lock Braking System ( ABS) fitted in my car.. Can someone please suggest if there is a way to get that done ?

Sorry to inform you Vivek. Hyundai will not fit ABS in your accent GLE. If you are worried about your braking power, heres what you should do.

Get fatter tyres, if I remember correctly, the GLE comes with skinny 155 or 165 width tyres. Get atleast 185mm width tyres. That should improve your braking by quite a bit. There are aftermarket brake pads also available. But try changing the tyres first.

FRG

You can try switching to 185/60 or 195/60 michellins tubeless tyres, as they have better grip and a wider footprint. Please try to keep the OD same otherwise it will aafftect your sppedo reading and gearing. Since 185/6 is OE for the tornado, I think it is ok for the accent gle. Please check with the tyre dealer about 195 section tyres and also make sure they dont touch the inner wheel well when the rear is fully loaded.