Abhi7912

Lancer Evolution coming to india 2009

31mlook4%5B1%5D.jpg

thats nice and sporty.....i would certainly prefer this over the accord or BMW 3 series....

the source says this has 295 bhp....smiley29.gifin 2 litre enginesmiley32.gif

but it was somewhat disturbing to read that :

Evo int'l price - 12 lacs

India price - 24 lacs.

as it is a CBU import...smiley7.gif

also i read in comments of the source this :

Pajero

Int'l price - 12 lacs

India price - 24 lacs

Camry/Accord - Int'l price - 9 lacs

India price - 18 lacs

Corrola / Civic - Int'l price - 5 lacs

India price - 10 lacs

is these figures true ??smiley5.gif

also i saw a youtube video where this Evo X was faster than lambhorgini murceilago in turns and curves.....smiley32.gif

but i do agree that even at 22 lacs this is worth much more than what others in the range offers....smiley1.gif

but since this is a pure rally bred car,can any one comment on how the comfort and suspension factor of this car fares....

@ edburg : the video of top gear where you see a evolution vs murcielago

is a special edition called FQ 400 and its based on the EVO 9.

abt subaru, chevy has some share in it . they rebadged subaru forester

as chevy forester and sold it in india.

Who will buy this when Lancer is costing 12lakhs (new one) just for engine sakes .Also a CBU means no Indian fuel tuning and low GC all that power is waste .instead buy one lancer and one Civic or corolla!!

Who will buy this when Lancer is costing 12lakhs (new one) just for engine sakes .Also a CBU means no Indian fuel tuning and low GC all that power is waste .instead buy one lancer and one Civic or corolla!!

I agree... the specs of the new Lancer as per ACI April is good enough for spirited driving on our roads. For the price of an EVO u can buy a Petrol and a Diesel Lancer each smiley4.gif

I am misquoting someone here' date=' but a hundred fords do not make a ferrari!!

[/quote']

Agreed on that. Its a great car and a scaled down Lancer would not be able to match it.

As for the GC, am "hoping" that the rally pedigree will negate it to some extent.

And as for the similarities between Evo and Lancer, this is what I read

The Evolution is based on the same platform as the Lancer. However, it is much more powerful than the standard Lancer, with the unibody being the only major part in common between the two.

I am misquoting someone here' date=' but a hundred fords do not make a ferrari!!

[/quote']

Agree... but i was only wondering how much of the EVO's talents can be actually utilized in Indiasmiley19.gif 

All said, @ 23 lakhs it's too tempting for people who cannot plonk money for the Porsches and the M3s....

Wow.

Now you guys think its worth getting this over the BMW 3 series or C class? As this car would prolly whoopp the butts of all the current 3's and 5;s in india(performance wise).So what say?

^^the subaru one is from the chevy stable right ? what r its price and specs....may be if they can locally assemble it here' date='then it may be more attractive... [/quote']

GM no more has stakes in Subaru, so Chevy has nothing to do with it.