AudiRulz

Corolla V/s Civic

Honda's senior (in Japan) are very strict and fire if it get bad news about a dealer and gets some other for take over .Hallmark recieved the award for best CSI and meeting the sales target .

The Civic is really cool,  If you are planning to buy a car, then the newly launched ford fiesta 1.6S,which had intelligent technology enhances, fiesta is miserly in consuming fuel.you will save on every drop of fuel.

Honda civic is better to , not just because i own it , but the ride and handling and the AT version Styling is better with the civic , Corolla however has been improved but still Civic has and edge over the civic is what i feel

Regards,

priya

i will go for the civic. firstly toyota cant make excellent petrol engines like honda can. secondly the civic's excellent exterior design. thirdly the civic's futuristic interiors.

after all this, let the FE and performance superiority be damned, civic is my choice!!!

the only thing that can make me think otherwise is if i have elderly parents in my home, they will have a tough time getting in/out of the civic. also, th corolla's rear seat is more comfortable. but in that case, i would opt for an innova.

so my vote goes to civic...

it's just surprising comment from raj according to whom toyota cant make good petrol engines !!! i think he should be justifying his statement rather than basing it on his whims and fancies....he says that the performance and fuel effieciency aspects to be damned and still honda makes the best engine ...completely ironical !!! For me its the still corolla cause it has a very good ground clearance which makes it a suv sedan and it can go anywhere as well.....on my last trip where i went to leh from manali by road i saw a corolla on the same route which was handling those roads with as much ease as a suv...sorry civic will fail on that route folks !!!

and besides it has been unanimously accepted on the forum that altis is a better vfm proposition when compared to civic..keep aside exteriors and the front dashboard of civic and corolla wins in all the departments !!!

sorry mehul, i wont go by what the majority belive or preach. i like the civic and that was my own personal opinion. i like the honda's engine because its much more refined and sporty than the toyota's. i am not biased towards any. infact i own an innova so i should be biased towards toyota. but for me, the civic's engine with its rev happy and sporty sound excites me,  which the toyota cant.

What Merc and BMW are fighting at the top is the same fight for Honda and Toyota.

Well Toyota appeals at the moment but the designing needs to be updated in say 2-3 yrs. Honda is way ahead in that. But those cars are not about performance. Most people in that price range will prefer to have a car that makes the presence felt. Else why would Sonata Embera fail in that segment even after being a segment above in the same price.

I agree with Raj, I also feel Honda are masters in Petrol engines, though Toyota is not far behind, but still the diff. can be felt.

I have owned & used both Honda & Toyota petrol cars & can firmly say that Honda petrol engines turned out sweeter.

Maybe this is because Honda for a long time concentrated on petrol engine tech. only, while Toyota had its energy divided in developing diesels also.

the 0-100 timings of civic and corolla is almost identical ie under 10 secs and in gear acceleration timings is almost the identical....even corolla has got a rev happy unit which in no time reaches 100 kmph but where honda is better is refinement cause toyota's engines are not that refined...and yes honda should be praised as they are updating their models every 3-4 years  !!!!

Hi All,

Iam driving Civic for the last 15 months. It truly a driver's car.

I also took a test drive of new Altis and it seems like a promising package.

If i compare few basic thing like

Design.. than Civic seems much better,

Interiors.. Again i would go for Civic

Ride and Handling -- I think Altis scores over Civic.. especially back seat comfort.

Highways driving  -- Again Altis seems better gripped on the road for a highway driving.

FE --- Altis is marginally better, but that should not be a reason for prospective Civic buyers to put them off.

Overall I feel Civic still provides with a better style statement but there is one thing which worries me the most for Civic---

Honda has always planned its car design cycle on 5 yr period. For Ex. City Ist generation was launched in 1998, 2nd Generation in 2003 and now the third generation in 2008.

Similarly Civic was brought in Indian market in late 2006 but was launched globally in jan 2006. Now we are already hearing news of civic upgrade with Civic 09 (Pics also available on Honda website) and the new civic is expected in 2011.

So I argue that due to this very short life cycle of a car, it does not really makes much sense to buy it at this stage as after 2-3 yrs you know that your new car is gonna be a generation old!

Any commets please??

This is a very valid point you have made, I also always used to think about the life span  before buying a Honda product. Ideally 4 years is what Honda gives to a single generation as opposed to 5 by other manufacturers. In between, there is a minor facelift after 2 years.

So, the best period to buy a Honda product, if  one wishes to retain for longer period, is during the 1st. year of its launch, then one can peacefully enjoy 4-5 yrs of ownership. Otherwise, there is such a leap in alternate Honda products, that one wants to go in for newer versions.

Lifespan is something to worry about on personal front if you like the car buy it

eg ist gen city was so good in driving that the zx city owner feel the heat when it comes to handeling

But overall, City has always had a giant leap in improvement, be it 2nd. or 3rd. gen. I would always like to go in for a new car, which gives me peace of mind for 4-5 yrs.

well HONDA phasing out a car doesnt matters to me if i found the car to be good...ok if few months are left in launch then its ok but if a year or 2 is left then atleast i wont mind to go in for a car coz honda always makes a car which is a good upgrade but even their older ones remains good like old city,crv, accord though new one is better but even previous one still is good and hold good value too..when i bought honda city in 03 then i knew that within few month new would be here but still i thought that old one is better as i saw pic of new one and wasnt satisfied and thus am happy customer now as i bought old one with more power,better handling,etc but still the newer one has some its plus points like it was sporty, more comfortable, GC was good,build quality was good etc so i mean that every honda whether new or old remains in its own league..   

The D segment is not only about looks and performance (Civic wins here without any doubt), but also about features. Corolla's V variant has Cruise Control, Audio Controls on steering, Electronic seat adjuster with electronic lumbar support on driver seat, convenience lights that light up the footwells, Rain sensing Wipers, Automatic Headlights that switch on as soon as its dark, Headlamp washers, all around disk brakes instead of rear drums in civic and HID lamps. Phew... And and and a boot space of 475 ltrs an comparison to 405 ltrs of Civic. Moreover, Altis is more fuel efficient and comfortable too. I would love to have so many features in my car and at a lower price, I will not mind compromising a bit on style.

Both cars are brilliant products from the world's top auto makers. The choice is really simple actually based on your usage:

More Chauffer driven: Corolla

More Self Driven: Civic

The good thing is between these two cars either way you cant go wrong.

actually both are best cars and i agree with manish...though i will not say considering previous corolla but with new corolla with features yes its really good deal...

actually people generally dont like to own different cars of same segment but in this segment both cars are best and an owner can be proud of both..its just matter of choice which depends from person to person...when i see civic i say this is best looking car with good interiors while when i think of altis features i think these features are somewhat not to miss if we are saying almost same amount..its just like what people want from their car..

well toyota have launched altis with more features than here

civic is still better here though

@hsb_sx4 are u sure civic has rear drum brakes or only on lowest variant???

I think Corolla is a hit in our market from my eye viewing seen many have bought it this Dussera and mainly in white ,slvrand red are the popular ones .People are buying from their heads as they know that theGC,FE is better than Civic and the best +point is that the rear seats are fantastic. I hope they launch E varient fast.

well corolla altis has got a good response...i can see the car daily during my commute...rightly said by blue sapphire...the things you want from ur car according to that choose from civic and corolla....but civic's average is not good cause its not more than 9 kmpl in city while corolla's is a bit better as it delivers above 10 kmpl in city....but seeing the equipments in altis civic is a bit thrifty equipped !!!!