vineet

VW Jetta

it will be launched this month and it will have 2 engines.. 1.6 petrol and 1.9 diesel and it will be priced around 13-16 lakhs and in my opinion at this price it is overpriced just like laura though they are both good cars..

jetta and laura are from the same family but jetta will be only for those who may like the styling and body of jetta more than the laura....i have seen d pics of jetta and i still prefer the styling of laura,it looks really royal otherwise both are almost same cars...infact they are country cousins !!!!

jetta and laura are from the same family but jetta will be only for those who may like the styling and body of jetta more than the laura....i have seen d pics of jetta and i still prefer the styling of laura' date='it looks really royal otherwise both are almost same cars...infact they are country cousins !!!! [/quote']

Well.. not really country cousins but VW owns Skoda now. Infact the chassis and the engine of  both the cars is the same. In Europe Skoda  is considered a lower brand than VW so i assume the jetta's price will be same if not more than the laura.

JETTA does not have the panache in designing as the cars of today carry.

I found JETTAs looks very understated & nothing ravishing about it.

The WOW factor is missing.

Actually VW cars are not that stylish even passat is not that stylish but its finishing is really good...Even Germans are not as stylish as Japs but still they have quality....Even i found Jetta to be simple but i like it....I am thinking to have one in coming months or may be in Jan-09 but will wait for some more...

In Europe Skoda  is considered a lower brand than VW so i assume the jetta's price will be same if not more than the laura.

Yeah and Skoda got away with it's ridiculously high pricing. VW will get away with it's pricing too. 13-16 L is not surprising given the high import content it's coming with.

yeah it has the plain vanilla type of looks but to most middle aged buyers they like plain vanilla kind of looks it only us young people who are a bit fussy about shapes and all !!!!

Its yet to launch but launch date was 16th july and the prices are here...

1.6Trendline-12,90,000(ex-showroom delhi/rest of india)

12,67,000(Ex-showroom Mumbai)

1.9TDI trendline (1415000-delhi/rest of india and 13,90,000-Mumbai)

1.9TDi Comfortline (16,60,000-Delhi/Rest of india and 16,30,000-Mumbai)

Its avilable with choiie of around 4 interior colours....

Source-VW india Website

wow!

The top end is as costly as laura DSG.

Why did they had to bring out a competitor of their own car?

I was expecting it to be around 10L ex-showroom.

Dreams shattered.

Hey does it top end has DSG too?

The VW Jetta is available in two basic trims - Trendline and Comfortline.

The Trendline gets a trip computer, eight airbags, ABS, MP3 CD player, climate control, electric mirrors, keyless entry, alloy wheels.

The Comfortline gets a DSG transmission, leather seats, multifunction, immobiliser.

Engine options are a 1.6 litre petrol and the 1.9 litre diesel.

FRG

ya 1.9Comfortline has DSG....and 10L noway Adi..If skoda cant do it then how VW which is better brand than skoda atleast

VW owns skoda so they are connected.

I wanted a diesel sedan for 10L execpt for octavia.

And this 1.9TDi is this the same octavia one?

adi19912008-07-16 06:39:55

What is VW doing with itself?? I am confused which car they would want me to buy if i am looking at a price tag of 15 lakhs. I can get an Octavia L&K, Laura Ambiente and a Jetta all at the same price point!!!! Have VW heard something called 'positioning'??? I am still wondering.....

BUDDY I JUST JOINED TODAY AND SAW YOUR POST.

VW JETTA IS ON ITS WAY TILL NOV-2008.THERE WILL BE 2 VARIENTS :

-1.6 L(PETROL) TRENDLINE

-1.9 L(DIESEL)TDI(TRENDLINE,COMFORTLINE)

EX-SHOW ROOM PRICE (DELHI & ALL INDIA ,EXCEPT MUMBAI):

1.6L(TRENDLINE)-  12,90,000 INR

1.9L(TRENDLINE)- 14,15,000 INR

1.9L (COMFORTLINE)- 16,60,000 INR

IT WILL BE  DEFINETLY A TRENDSETTER , LUXURIOUS AND A VALUE FOR MONEY CAR.

A TOUGH TIME AHEAD FOR TOYOTA'S NEW COROLLA AS WELL AS SKODA AND EVEN TO THE NEW ACCORD.

smiley1.gif