RamanGoyal

Please Help

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a 125-150cc bike. I am 5'-4" tall. Please suggest a bike for me as i am really confused about this?

how is honda Unicorn?

any new bikes that are going to be launched this year?

Hi @RamanGoyal... Welcome to ACI.... Well there are host of Bikes in this Category which can be suggested by forum members....

But before we suggest any bike, could give us your Criteria's for Purchasing the bike.. like price, mileage etc.... This would help us suggesting the desired bike by you....

For technology and finesse its the Honda Unicorn- its engine runs very smoothly and the gearbox is quite slick. The monoshox at the rear is quite new for our market (the BSA Bond in the 1980's had it) and provides stability. The Unicorn lacks an image. If you're on the lookout for a bike with an image its the Pulsar 150 (with disc brakes) for your 60K budget. The Pulsar lacks the fit and finish and mechanical finesse of the Unicorn.

Your height 5'4" is quite ok to handle these bikes. I do not regard the RTR or the Hero Honda CBZ Xtreme/Hunk and all those other bikes as anywhere close to the top two viz. Unicorn and Pulsar!

Thanks Anjan.... For me the bike image doesn't matter... what matters is its Performance. So i have an inclination towards UNICORN.

i have heard that yamaha is coming with new bikes in 150 cc segment. is it true? are they worth waiting for or should i buy from the existing ones?

The FI version of RTR 160 may be 60000+ which exceeds the budget of Raman.

If you want performance and are willing to extend budget to 65K, you can think of RTR 160 FI, Pulsar 180, or Hunk. But the latter doesn't offer digital instrument console. The 180 has little gear shift noise (albeit ACI says there is no noise while gear shifting in Pulsar).

Thanks Anjan.... For me the bike image doesn't matter... what matters is its Performance. So i have an inclination towards UNICORN.

i have heard that yamaha is coming with new bikes in 150 cc segment. is it true? are they worth waiting for or should i buy from the existing ones?

Yes there will be a lot of action on the scene from Yamaha - it has two hi-tech 150cc bikes to be introduced-both monoshocks at the rear,one has a water cooled engine.The first may be launched in June 2008 and the second one by Oct 2008. Read ACI April issue for more details.There's also a new  Yamaha thread here.

Hey go for the RTR if you want performance and looks and Unicorn if you want good engine and quality. Many new bikes are on their way but dont expect them to be under 60k, except for the 125s and 100s.